The Tangmere Pilots extend a warm welcome to visitors in the Guest Room. Please feel free to register, drop by the Guest Room to say hello. If you are looking to join a squadron, we are currently recruiting. You can browse the rest of our site to see if The Tangmere Pilots fit what you are looking for.
Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Douglas Bader narrates the "RAF in Sound."

S/Ldr. Reggie will be providing us with 'Interviews with the Aces.' We will get the opportunity to 'meet' one ace every week. Please let S/Ldr. Reggie know if you have any suitable material.

Moderators: Reggie, Tom

Reggie
Zimbabwe
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

Douglas Bader narrates the "RAF in Sound."

Post by Reggie » Sat May 10, 2014 11:50 am

This is one of my favourite audio possessions to be honest chaps - I have combined it into one file for you to have a listen to. It was done years ago by Flypast and is a recording of Douglas Bader being played noises from RAF archives and describing them, explaining what they are etc.

There are also a few excerpts from him narrating at airshows. It contains everything from Avro504 - to Bristol Fighter, to Tiger Moth, Hurricane, Spitfire to Vulcan, Valiant as well as other machines in between - including ground starters and so on.

Grab some coffee and have a listen - especially with decent headphones it is awesome.

Always amazes me how "posh" these blokes all were :D

Enjoy.
http://www.filedropper.com/01track1_44
Squadron Leader Reggie
Site and Forum Dude.

Cheese

Re: Douglas Bader narrates the "RAF in Sound."

Post by Cheese » Sat May 10, 2014 4:12 pm

Nice one Reg, ill save this and have a look later.
Love this kind of stuff.