The Tangmere Pilots extend a warm welcome to visitors in the Guest Room. Please feel free to register, drop by the Guest Room to say hello. If you are looking to join a squadron, we are currently recruiting. You can browse the rest of our site to see if The Tangmere Pilots fit what you are looking for.
Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Fixed, Variable and Constant Speed Props

S/Ldr. Reggie will be providing us with 'Interviews with the Aces.' We will get the opportunity to 'meet' one ace every week. Please let S/Ldr. Reggie know if you have any suitable material.

Moderators: Reggie, Tom

Mewt

Fixed, Variable and Constant Speed Props

Post by Mewt » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:39 pm

Hello,

Was some technical chutney last night over propellors and the differing approach to RPM management that the various nations have.

I mentioned some very helpful videos and wanted to link them:

Here is SYN Requiem on:

Fixed Pitch
Variable Pitch
and Constant Speed props.

All his videos are short and sweet and get to the point. I'd recommend watching all of them.

Cheers,

-Mewt

Tom
Wales
Air Vice Marshall
Air Vice Marshall

Re: Fixed, Variable and Constant Speed Props

Post by Tom » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:35 pm

Cool. I just shifted it to The Lecture Room.
In selecting the motto... 'all for one and one for all'... I have done so because it expresses what should be the creed to every Fighter Pilot. Never forget that you are an essential cog in the wheel, and if you break or fail it will let down your brother pilots, and the grimness of war allows for no such weakness.

Air Vice Marshal Saul in the foreword to 13 Group's 'Forget-Me-Nots for Fighters'

"They fly Hurricanes, isn't it?, them's shit planes for remtards on free dinners..."
Armstrong & Miller Show