The Tangmere Pilots extend a warm welcome to visitors in the Guest Room. Please feel free to register, drop by the Guest Room to say hello. If you are looking to join a squadron, we are currently recruiting. You can browse the rest of our site to see if The Tangmere Pilots fit what you are looking for.

PC Spec question.

Get advice on your tackle, or for Charlie to ask questions when he's broken his computer.
Tom
His Gorgeousness

Re: PC Spec question.

Post by Tom » Sun May 14, 2017 12:41 pm

Get a 1070 and forget about the rest. If you really wanted you could oc the cpu and get a good after market cpu cooler.

That'd do you though.

:)
In selecting the motto... 'all for one and one for all'... I have done so because it expresses what should be the creed to every Fighter Pilot. Never forget that you are an essential cog in the wheel, and if you break or fail it will let down your brother pilots, and the grimness of war allows for no such weakness.

Air Vice Marshal Saul in the foreword to 13 Group's 'Forget-Me-Nots for Fighters'

"They fly Hurricanes, isn't it?, them's shit planes for remtards on free dinners..."
Armstrong & Miller Show

Reggie
Zulu Warrior

Post by Reggie » Mon May 15, 2017 10:37 am

So would a 1070 be compatible with my MB then? I assume I will not be losing any performance from it as a result of my MB having perhaps a slower bus speed?
Also one of my drive is an SSD - that is the one with BOS on it, but it is only a 120Gb, so other games are on other drives.
OS is on C - Data and files and programs on D and Games I want on SSD are on E.

The Chief Cock!!

Silk
Flying Officer
Flying Officer

Post by Silk » Mon May 15, 2017 11:13 am

Then all you need is your graphics card and you're away Bombay. The card should work fine on your board from what I understand.

Reggie
Zulu Warrior

Post by Reggie » Wed May 17, 2017 10:16 am

Ok, thanks guys, I will have a look into the 1070's and their pricing. I am expecting a huge array of them as usual, lol.

The Chief Cock!!

Tom
His Gorgeousness

Post by Tom » Wed May 17, 2017 10:35 am

Don't sweat which one though Reg otherwise you'll get bogged down in the minutiae. Just go for one with a cool name like FTW or Black Edition or Special MoFo Kickass L33T version X. Or something.
In selecting the motto... 'all for one and one for all'... I have done so because it expresses what should be the creed to every Fighter Pilot. Never forget that you are an essential cog in the wheel, and if you break or fail it will let down your brother pilots, and the grimness of war allows for no such weakness.

Air Vice Marshal Saul in the foreword to 13 Group's 'Forget-Me-Nots for Fighters'

"They fly Hurricanes, isn't it?, them's shit planes for remtards on free dinners..."
Armstrong & Miller Show