The Tangmere Pilots extend a warm welcome to visitors in the Guest Room. Please feel free to register, drop by the Guest Room to say hello. If you are looking to join a squadron, we are currently recruiting. You can browse the rest of our site to see if The Tangmere Pilots fit what you are looking for.

I'm back!

Get advice on your tackle, or for Charlie to ask questions when he's broken his computer.
Prangster
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer

I'm back!

Post by Prangster » Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:06 pm

Received my replacement Rift on Friday so I'm back in VR, hooray! After going back to TrackIR for a couple of weeks I really missed the VR experience. My last Rift developed a fault where it would disconnect ever few minutes, it was probably a loose connection inside the headset.

Even with the lower graphics settings and resolution of this first generation of VR, for me it's still a better experience than a monitor. I can't see myself ever going back to flying without it. Next I'm going to get the touch controllers so I can play some Start Trek Bridge Crew and shoot some zombies. Oh and I've got Doom and Skyrim to look forward to. :-B
Oberfeldwebel Prangster
Iron Cross 1st Class
2.JG 3
-------------------------------
Starshina Prangster
Order of the Red Banner, Medal for Merit in Combat
126 IAP, 268 IAD

Tom
His Gorgeousness

Re: I'm back!

Post by Tom » Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:58 pm

Excellent. I've been looking at other games but space is tight so I may have to stick to flight or space sims.

Let us know how you get on with Doom and if you can play it sitting down.
In selecting the motto... 'all for one and one for all'... I have done so because it expresses what should be the creed to every Fighter Pilot. Never forget that you are an essential cog in the wheel, and if you break or fail it will let down your brother pilots, and the grimness of war allows for no such weakness.

Air Vice Marshal Saul in the foreword to 13 Group's 'Forget-Me-Nots for Fighters'

"They fly Hurricanes, isn't it?, them's shit planes for remtards on free dinners..."
Armstrong & Miller Show