The Tangmere Pilots extend a warm welcome to visitors in the Guest Room. Please feel free to register, drop by the Guest Room to say hello. If you are looking to join a squadron, we are currently recruiting. You can browse the rest of our site to see if The Tangmere Pilots fit what you are looking for.

@ Blackjack

Get advice on your tackle, or for Charlie to ask questions when he's broken his computer.
Tom
His Gorgeousness

@ Blackjack

Post by Tom » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:22 am

What extension do you have on your Warthog, and what sensitivity curve/S are you using?

I’ve now gone to a centre mount with a 7.5cm and seem to be getting the best “feel” at pitch - 90%, roll - 40% and yaw - 100%.

I also think I have a lot of muscle memory to overcome! Landings in the Spit are random!
In selecting the motto... 'all for one and one for all'... I have done so because it expresses what should be the creed to every Fighter Pilot. Never forget that you are an essential cog in the wheel, and if you break or fail it will let down your brother pilots, and the grimness of war allows for no such weakness.

Air Vice Marshal Saul in the foreword to 13 Group's 'Forget-Me-Nots for Fighters'

"They fly Hurricanes, isn't it?, them's shit planes for remtards on free dinners..."
Armstrong & Miller Show

Blackjack
Mr TeAmKilleR

Re: @ Blackjack

Post by Blackjack » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:03 am

I don’t have a warthog extension I have the warthog kit that comes with my GT omega art sim seat
https://www.gtomegaracing.com/gt-omega- ... ockpit-rs6
It’s on this site somewhere.
I cant extend my stick any more as it would hit the chair frame.
I think I’ve left the settings at pitch 70 roll 40 and yaw 100. It feels right to me and also gives me quick enough response to my full roll+full rudder anti-bounce manoeuvre in multiplayer so that I’m usually not taken out on the first attack.
Good to hear you’re back flying Tom, we’ve lacked target practise.
"I also like to live dangerously"-Austin Powers,blackjack scene

Blackjack
Mr TeAmKilleR

Post by Blackjack » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:08 am

Here’s the extension I have
https://www.gtomegaracing.com/gt-omega- ... tick-mount
I had to take base plate off the warthog stick to mount it
"I also like to live dangerously"-Austin Powers,blackjack scene

Tom
His Gorgeousness

Post by Tom » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:46 am

Blackjack wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:03 am

Good to hear you’re back flying Tom, we’ve lacked target practise.
Mutter mutter

Ahh ok I thought you had an extension. I think I'll knock down the pitch some more to around 75 and try again.
In selecting the motto... 'all for one and one for all'... I have done so because it expresses what should be the creed to every Fighter Pilot. Never forget that you are an essential cog in the wheel, and if you break or fail it will let down your brother pilots, and the grimness of war allows for no such weakness.

Air Vice Marshal Saul in the foreword to 13 Group's 'Forget-Me-Nots for Fighters'

"They fly Hurricanes, isn't it?, them's shit planes for remtards on free dinners..."
Armstrong & Miller Show

Jacko
Wing Commander
Wing Commander

Post by Jacko » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:39 pm

Tom,
Does the extension come with a wire kit as well. I imagine you need to extend the signal wires to cover the distance
VVS Rank: Starshina of the 32nd IAD Fighter Aviation Regiment.
RAF Rank: F/Lt Jacko No1 Squadron (JX-J) & No1 Sqd Press Officer
LW Rank: Feldwebel

"Use speed get close, get closer and make every bullet count "

"The only proper defense is offense"
.......Air Vice-Marshall J.E "Johnnie" Johnson, RAF

Tom
His Gorgeousness

Post by Tom » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:35 pm

Jacko wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:39 pm
Tom,
Does the extension come with a wire kit as well. I imagine you need to extend the signal wires to cover the distance
Yes and it works well.

Armstrong & Miller Show