The Tangmere Pilots extend a warm welcome to visitors in the Guest Room. Please feel free to register, drop by the Guest Room to say hello. If you are looking to join a squadron, we are currently recruiting. You can browse the rest of our site to see if The Tangmere Pilots fit what you are looking for.
Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

FPS blues

Get advice on your tackle, or for Charlie to ask questions when he's broken his computer.

Moderators: Reggie, Tom

Cowboy
United States of America
Corporal
Corporal

FPS blues

Post by Cowboy » Tue May 28, 2019 10:31 pm

Just checking in guys, I still haven't resolved the sudden drop if FPS from 80 to 25 which makes it extremely frustrating to fly IL2. Running a benchmark I dropped from 2500 to 900. The hardware seems to be fine, I can't find any software that is slowing me down, no malware or viruses. Speedtest results are Ping - 16ms, Download mbps - 236, upload mbps - 26. Computer functions normally in everything except IL2. I've downloaded all the latest drivers for everything, The final action will be a complete restore on the machine if I have to.

Tom
Wales
Air Marshall
Air Marshall

Re: FPS blues

Post by Tom » Tue May 28, 2019 11:38 pm

VR or 2D?

Are you positive nothing else is running in the background?

There may be an issue with the CPU. First check in Task Manager to see if anything else is taking up CPU time. If the CPU is overclocked, check that the overclock is still working.

Check for malware too because some just sit there and kill performance.

Some antivirus software is a nightmare for stuff like this. Personally I just use Widows Defender and that's it. If you have Norton, McAfee, Kaspersky or AVG or whatever they can cause grief.
In selecting the motto... 'all for one and one for all'... I have done so because it expresses what should be the creed to every Fighter Pilot. Never forget that you are an essential cog in the wheel, and if you break or fail it will let down your brother pilots, and the grimness of war allows for no such weakness.

Air Vice Marshal Saul in the foreword to 13 Group's 'Forget-Me-Nots for Fighters'

"They fly Hurricanes, isn't it?, them's shit planes for remtards on free dinners..."
Armstrong & Miller Show

Cowboy
United States of America
Corporal
Corporal

Re: FPS blues

Post by Cowboy » Fri May 31, 2019 4:25 pm

Thanks for the tips, I'm working through everything one at a time. Hope to be back ASAP.