The Tangmere Pilots extend a warm welcome to visitors in the Guest Room. Please feel free to register, drop by the Guest Room to say hello. If you are looking to join a squadron, we are currently recruiting. You can browse the rest of our site to see if The Tangmere Pilots fit what you are looking for.

Somebody please post something of worth here, it's getting a little dusty *cough-cough*...!

The place for Charlie to put on his favourite dress and show us all his assets!!

Moderators: Reggie, Tom

charlie
Stuck in Traffic

Somebody please post something of worth here, it's getting a little dusty *cough-cough*...!

Post by charlie » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:27 pm

Since moving house last year, I have not even been able to unpack any modelling gear due to a loft conversion, decorating, pulling that thing out, putting a new bit in there, sanding this and that, ad nauseum :(( :((

I might hold a 'retrospective exhibition' of some of my stuff just to clear out the cobwebs in here and make me get my arse in gear to sort the man-cave/ops room...it's been too long! :p :salute
F/Lt Charlie DFC*
No longer B Flight Leader but still a bloody nice bloke
No1 Sqn

"Success in life consists of going from one mistake to the next without losing your enthusiasm."
Winston Churchill

Modelling projects:
http://www.behance.net/search?search=ch ... user_tags=

Tom
His Gorgeousness

Re: Somebody please post something of worth here, it's getting a little dusty *cough-cough*...!

Post by Tom » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:10 pm

As I was soaping myself down in the shower last night I actually wondered if Charlie was expecting again. Weird what pops into the head at the most inappropriate times isn't it!
In selecting the motto... 'all for one and one for all'... I have done so because it expresses what should be the creed to every Fighter Pilot. Never forget that you are an essential cog in the wheel, and if you break or fail it will let down your brother pilots, and the grimness of war allows for no such weakness.

Air Vice Marshal Saul in the foreword to 13 Group's 'Forget-Me-Nots for Fighters'

"They fly Hurricanes, isn't it?, them's shit planes for remtards on free dinners..."
Armstrong & Miller Show

Bigbyte
Scarlet Pimpernel

Re: Somebody please post something of worth here, it's getting a little dusty *cough-cough*...!

Post by Bigbyte » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:50 pm

My Nephew had to make a 1/72 spit for his boy scout group. I helped (built it all). It came out really $h1t but still looked better than one of Charlie's abominations.
S/Ldr Bigbyte
Mothy's batman

Bigbyte
Scarlet Pimpernel

Post by Bigbyte » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:46 pm

Knew I had a pic somewhere

S/Ldr Bigbyte
Mothy's batman

Jacko
Wing Commander
Wing Commander

Post by Jacko » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:13 pm

Bigbyte wrote:Knew I had a pic somewhere

Charlie did alright there, leave him alone :)
VVS Rank: Starshina of the 32nd IAD Fighter Aviation Regiment.
RAF Rank: F/Lt Jacko No1 Squadron (JX-J) & No1 Sqd Press Officer
LW Rank: Feldwebel

"Use speed get close, get closer and make every bullet count "

"The only proper defense is offense"
.......Air Vice-Marshall J.E "Johnnie" Johnson, RAF

charlie
Stuck in Traffic

Post by charlie » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:52 pm

Nice to see the kids are keeping the hobby alive BB - good work!! Thanks for the lovely thought Mothy - not expecting though, I'm only just coming to terms with the first one (2.2 yrs now)!! x x :salute
F/Lt Charlie DFC*
No1 Sqn

"Success in life consists of going from one mistake to the next without losing your enthusiasm."
Winston Churchill

Modelling projects:

Reggie
Zulu Warrior

Post by Reggie » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:16 am

Sorry Charlie, I have not had much modelling time since before Christmas - I need to try and pick it up again, possibly in the spring. I am a little flabbergasted though as my Christmas present from the wife was the new 1/32 Tamiya Mosquito that she found as a bargain somewhere. Not sure if I am going to try and build it, I am too scared, I dont feel good enough or worthy to build it at the moment, lol :))

The Chief Cock!!

charlie
Stuck in Traffic

Post by charlie » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:01 pm

Ooh nice Reggie, that kit is so good, all you have to do is just give the box a shake and it will come out ready-made! Go on...take a leap! :thumbup :D
F/Lt Charlie DFC*
No1 Sqn

Winston Churchill

Modelling projects:

Jacko
Wing Commander
Wing Commander

Post by Jacko » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:34 pm

Something for us to try out as a TP entry eh

p.s. you can skip the first 45 secs
VVS Rank: Starshina of the 32nd IAD Fighter Aviation Regiment.
RAF Rank: F/Lt Jacko No1 Squadron (JX-J) & No1 Sqd Press Officer
LW Rank: Feldwebel

"Use speed get close, get closer and make every bullet count "

"The only proper defense is offense"
.......Air Vice-Marshall J.E "Johnnie" Johnson, RAF