The Tangmere Pilots extend a warm welcome to visitors in the Guest Room. Please feel free to register, drop by the Guest Room to say hello. If you are looking to join a squadron, we are currently recruiting. You can browse the rest of our site to see if The Tangmere Pilots fit what you are looking for.
Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

A Polish Lanc

The place for Charlie to put on his favourite dress and show us all his assets!!

Moderators: Reggie, Tom

Bigbyte
Great Britain
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

A Polish Lanc

Post by Bigbyte » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:38 pm

Not my work but this was my birthday present from a guy I used to serve with in No600 Sqn. He made it for me, which is very considerate given the amount of time and effort that goes into it. I believe it is a Revell kit and apparently there's some vehicles to follow which he is still working on (slack arse).

Only thing was I didn't know where I was going to put it as it's a fair size with the display case. Eventually I found a table just the right size.

Which fits nicely into the deadspace under the stairs.

Not to be outdone, I got revenge on my friend as his birthday falls after mine. He's ex regular RAF, now RAuxAf and his civi job is teaching Navy recruits abouts communications. So he has an interest in both services. What better I thought, than a model of the RAF motor launches used to rescue downed pilots? These combine both the RAF and a naval element. There were only two options for the kit, the first being a 1/72 airfix kit which was a little bit underwhelming for a milestone birthday gift. So I went with option two, a 1:24 scale ASR 130 63ft. Once complete it'll measure about 800mm. Now it's his turn to find somewhere in his house to put that!

S/Ldr Bigbyte
Mothy's batman

Silk
Great Britain
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

Re: A Polish Lanc

Post by Silk » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:26 pm

Both look outstanding

Sparky
United States of America
Flying Officer
Flying Officer

Post by Sparky » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:30 am

Amazing! The table display needs to be out where it can be seen unless there's kids to deal with. Outstanding!
Pilot Officer, Press Officer

"No smoking within twelve hours of mission brief. No drinking within fifty feet of the aircraft."

"The mission...is...to fly and to fight, and don't you forget it."

"You have to go out. You don't have to come back."

charlie
Great Britain
Flying Officer
Flying Officer

Post by charlie » Wed May 15, 2019 7:14 pm

Wonderful BB, superb work! What a great friend you have to put that kind of time into a gift! Did he make the case too or did you get it made?
F/Lt Charlie DFC*
No longer B Flight Leader but still a bloody nice bloke
No1 Sqn

"Success in life consists of going from one mistake to the next without losing your enthusiasm."
Winston Churchill

Modelling projects:
http://www.behance.net/search?search=ch ... user_tags=

Hatter
Great Britain
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer

Post by Hatter » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:26 am

Charlie’s “best friend” is his “right hand man.”
"Oh God!"

Formerly