The Tangmere Pilots extend a warm welcome to visitors in the Guest Room. Please feel free to register, drop by the Guest Room to say hello. If you are looking to join a squadron, we are currently recruiting. You can browse the rest of our site to see if The Tangmere Pilots fit what you are looking for.
Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Creating a true to life Luftwaffe in the trees dispersal

P/O Swallow is Tangmere's chief technical officer in relation to lots of CLOD FMB stuff. This forum is for him to share the fruits of his labours.

Moderators: Reggie, Tom

BOBC
Great Britain
Aircraftman
Aircraftman

Creating a true to life Luftwaffe in the trees dispersal

Post by BOBC » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:08 am

Hi,
I have come across to here from ATAG as no one knows how to do this there, I need to get Static aircraft objects to make use of the custom flying skins, as currently they are all in the same default skin with the same default code and look stupid.

Anyone know how ?

Also anyone know how to shorten the grass as I have my tents and deckchairs amongst the trees as would have been but the grass is taller than these ! There is no trampled grass tool .

Larry69 has in a thread I started, managed to get flyable aircraft near the trees and with static objects next to them without the aircraft vanishing off to appear at some other location as they normally do, being shy of any static objects ! We await the method to be explained.

Anyone know how to plant trees and bushes by the way as tree'd areas tend to be uneven and aircraft suffer, though the photogenic qualities are in a different league to the false siting out on the airfield. To get great still images one pauses the game immediately after it runs !

BOBC

Jacko
Great Britain
Air Vice Marshall
Air Vice Marshall

Re: Creating a true to life Luftwaffe in the trees dispersal

Post by Jacko » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:59 am

Its been a long time since using CloD mission builder. A as far as i remember there were no objects such as trees or bushes then. You could actually fly straight through them with no damage.
VVS Rank: Starshina of the 32nd IAD Fighter Aviation Regiment.
RAF Rank: F/Lt Jacko No1 Squadron (JX-J) & No1 Sqd Press Officer
LW Rank: Feldwebel

"Use speed get close, get closer and make every bullet count "

"The only proper defense is offense"
.......Air Vice-Marshall J.E "Johnnie" Johnson, RAF