The Tangmere Pilots extend a warm welcome to visitors in the Guest Room. Please feel free to register, drop by the Guest Room to say hello. If you are looking to join a squadron, we are currently recruiting. You can browse the rest of our site to see if The Tangmere Pilots fit what you are looking for.

Welcome Guests.

A place for all Tangmere guests to come along and say hello, have a pint and get to know who we are, and what we are up to.

Moderators: Reggie, Tom

Tom
Air Marshall
Air Marshall

Re: Welcome Guests.

Post by Tom »

It isn’t a link as such.

Once you’ve installed Teamspeak, at the top choose the option that takes you to bookmarks.

Create a bookmark called Tangmere or summat, call yourself Bemmo, put the address I sent you into the server address and the password into the password field.
In selecting the motto... 'all for one and one for all'... I have done so because it expresses what should be the creed to every Fighter Pilot. Never forget that you are an essential cog in the wheel, and if you break or fail it will let down your brother pilots, and the grimness of war allows for no such weakness.

Air Vice Marshal Saul in the foreword to 13 Group's 'Forget-Me-Nots for Fighters'

"They fly Hurricanes, isn't it?, them's shit planes for remtards on free dinners..."
Armstrong & Miller Show

Nick
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Nick »

Hiya guys,

Just wondering if anyone has had a chance to look at my recruitment application yet? Popped one in 10 days ago but not heard anything back yet, which was making me wonder if it actually submitted properly or not.

Hunter
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

Post by Hunter »

Hi Nick,

I'm just one of the squaddies but I saw your post. One of the "Top Brass" will get back to you shortly I'm sure.

Once they have put down their Gin and it's that is!
No points for second best.

Only dead fish swim with the stream.

Tom
Air Marshall
Air Marshall

Post by Tom »

Nick wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:53 pm

Just wondering if anyone has had a chance to look at my recruitment application yet?
That’s odd as I normally respond straight away. Submit it again and we’ll check for it.

If I don’t see it I’ll use your profile email to contact you.
In selecting the motto... 'all for one and one for all'... I have done so because it expresses what should be the creed to every Fighter Pilot. Never forget that you are an essential cog in the wheel, and if you break or fail it will let down your brother pilots, and the grimness of war allows for no such weakness.

Air Vice Marshal Saul in the foreword to 13 Group's 'Forget-Me-Nots for Fighters'

"They fly Hurricanes, isn't it?, them's shit planes for remtards on free dinners..."
Armstrong & Miller Show

Bemmo
Senior Aircraftman
Senior Aircraftman

Post by Bemmo »

Hi everyone

firstly for those of you who have seen my recent attempts at taking off, my apologies. Secondly, on the odd occasion when I have made it off the runway, I wish to reassure you all that until there are some signs of improvement, I will continue to land using the "crash alongside the runway technique", thus avoiding leaving various parts of my plane on the runway. A technique with which I have become extremely familiar over the last couple of weeks and IMHO, have become quite good at.

On the note of some signs of improvement, my thanks to Tom, Merlin, Sparky & Silk for trying to instill some basic concepts and grasping of elemental points to get me airborne (still not sure showing me how to start the engine, whilst being parked in a plane in close vicinity to mine is such a good idea).

On the note of improving, would be great to get some additional time with some of you gents. I have spent quite a lot of time on our TS server talking to myself, having now been enlightened that most of the time people tend to be on the Discord server. Would really appreciate if some of you would "adopt" a friend on Discord and if possible spent some time in achieving the impossible by helping me improve. I don't mind watching the you tube videos, but its not the same. My tag on Discord is Bemmo#5270.

Regards

Bemmo

Eddie
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer

Post by Eddie »

We have a discord? I want in too!

RAF Czechoslovakian exile troops, Flight sergeant Eddie Havran, MID - No.601 Squadron, Green section leader, Western front, 1945
Leutnant der Luftwaffe, Engelbert von Raben - Jagdflieger der Jagdgechwader 26, Westfront, 1944
USAAF fighter pilot in training, Eddie Raven - OTU in southern Florida, 1943

Silk
Wing Commander
Wing Commander

Post by Silk »

No Eddie - I said that some of you guys fly more regularly than I do but I didn't know whether you used comms or maybe even the public Discord servers - just a minor misunderstanding. I probably didn't explain it well.

Bunny
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

Post by Bunny »

Bemmo,

We don't have Discord. Im sure any of us would be more than happy to help you. If you can join us tonight at around 8, I will be there and can help you if I can. Getting the Spit to behave on the ground can be a challenge sometimes.

Keep prop pitch fully forward before you start the engine.
Keep prop pitch forward while moving out to the runway, apply brakes gently and keep the throttle to a walking pace. it takes practice.
F/Lt Bunny
No1 Squadron B Flight Leader
Executive Officer No1 Squadron.
(Still part of the 145 Sqd dream team of course) :bunny1
--------------------------------------------------------
"The ONLY time you have too much fuel is when you are on fire"

Bemmo
Senior Aircraftman
Senior Aircraftman

Post by Bemmo »

Oops

did not to mean to cause confusion, should have put " having now been enlightened that most of the time people tend to be on the Discord server, on various servers" Did not mean to infer there is a TP Discord Channel.

Bemmo

Eddie
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer

Post by Eddie »

Ah I see. Well, we have flights every Tuesday, Friday and obviously Sunday. I sometimes fly on other days too, but that depends entirely on whether I have time or feel like it, so there is no plan :D

RAF Czechoslovakian exile troops, Flight sergeant Eddie Havran, MID - No.601 Squadron, Green section leader, Western front, 1945
Leutnant der Luftwaffe, Engelbert von Raben - Jagdflieger der Jagdgechwader 26, Westfront, 1944
USAAF fighter pilot in training, Eddie Raven - OTU in southern Florida, 1943

Bemmo
Senior Aircraftman
Senior Aircraftman

Post by Bemmo »

Thanks Eddie, was just thinking with the current restrictions tending to be online a lot and would be great to see when others were also online for a catch up and maybe some flying on a server that was available. My discord tends to always be on when I'm online and is an easy way to see if tagged friends are around at the same time.

Gosho
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer

Post by Gosho »

Bemmo wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:43 am
Thanks Eddie, was just thinking with the current restrictions tending to be online a lot and would be great to see when others were also online for a catch up and maybe some flying on a server that was available. My discord tends to always be on when I'm online and is an easy way to see if tagged friends are around at the same time.
Bemmo, what time are you usually on and what is your timezone in general?

Bemmo
Senior Aircraftman
Senior Aircraftman

Post by Bemmo »

Hi Gosho

based in the UK so GMT, tend to be on most weekdays from around 1530 hrs until 1700 hrs, then again from 1800 hrs until 20/2100 hrs. On the weekend it depends on how long the wife's job list is, but typically will jump on for a couple of hours in the morning from 0800-1000hrs and then again in the afternoon from 1700 hrs until 2100hrs. Stop up after bedtime (2130hrs) on TP nights.

Regards

Bemmo

Tom
Air Marshall
Air Marshall

Post by Tom »

Bemmo you can post in The Lounge as you should have access to that - let me know if you don't.

My view is you should be online most TP nights then we can help you along. That'll be easiest and it's no bother.

Armstrong & Miller Show

Bemmo
Senior Aircraftman
Senior Aircraftman

Post by Bemmo »

Thanks Tom

currently only have access to guest area

Regards

Bemmo