The Tangmere Pilots extend a warm welcome to visitors in the Guest Room. Please feel free to register, drop by the Guest Room to say hello. If you are looking to join a squadron, we are currently recruiting. You can browse the rest of our site to see if The Tangmere Pilots fit what you are looking for.

Welcome Guests.

A place for all Tangmere guests to come along and say hello, have a pint and get to know who we are, and what we are up to.

Moderators: Bunny, Tom

Moggy
Wing Commander
Wing Commander
Registered for: 18 years 10 months

Re: Welcome Guests.

Post by Moggy »

Just remember Moggy's #1 rule, spinny bit goes 1st.
F/Lt. Moggy DSO*,DFC***,CDG & CAT
Yellow Section
No.43 Squadron
Sparky
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader
Registered for: 6 years

Post by Sparky »

Scram77 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:30 pm ...it’s nice to see the history and background of the squadrons you’re involved in respected.
Yes, the squadron you're involved in is respected. The others drink sheep dip if we're to be believed. :Biggrin Friendly rivalry, involving slander, false rumor and of course knives.
Pilot Officer, Press Officer

"No smoking within twelve hours of mission brief. No drinking within fifty feet of the aircraft."

"The mission...is...to fly and to fight, and don't you forget it."

"You have to go out. You don't have to come back."
Bunny
Wing Commander
Wing Commander

Post by Bunny »

Welcome Scram.
I hope we get to see you in the virtual skies soon.
Bunster
F/Lt Bunny
No1 Squadron B Flight Leader
Executive Officer No1 Squadron.
(Still part of the 145 Sqd dream team of course) :bunny1
--------------------------------------------------------
"The ONLY time you have too much fuel is when you are on fire"
Bigbyte
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

Post by Bigbyte »

Welcome Scram.

If you get a chance to join No601, take it as those are real chaps. The others print their own money and are inappropriate with each other.
S/Ldr Bigbyte
Mothy's batman
Scram

Post by Scram »

Lots to take note of chaps, so thanks
Reggie
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

Post by Reggie »

Scram77 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:30 pm G’day all!

Just received access to the forum and wanted to say hi to you glorious peeps whilst I wait to hear the fate of my application to join.

I have to say I love the website and the setup you have here. Ring from an RAF background it’s nice to see the history and background of the squadrons you’re involved in respected.

Anyway, salute to you all and I hope to be involved in some way soon.

Iain
Welcome to TP Scram. I am sure your application will be followed up soon. Glad you like the site, and yes, although there is a load of banter here - the history, and remembering those who served and serve is important to us. I am sure you will fit right in - :Thumbup
Reggie - website and forum dude.
Peasus Krist

Post by Peasus Krist »

Hello all,

I just wanted to stop by and say hi while my application goes through.

I'm fairly green to flight sims, so I'll probably need some decent work done to get me into flying shape, but yall seem like the bunch that would be able to do it. If anyone has any suggestions or advise, I would be happy to hear it!

Ken
Moggy
Wing Commander
Wing Commander

Post by Moggy »

Peasus Krist wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:59 am Hello all,

I just wanted to stop by and say hi while my application goes through.

I'm fairly green to flight sims, so I'll probably need some decent work done to get me into flying shape, but yall seem like the bunch that would be able to do it. If anyone has any suggestions or advise, I would be happy to hear it!

Ken
Ken, here's some words of wisdom for you to follow.

1. The spinney bit goes 1st
2. Whatever advice Bunny gives, ignore it
3. Shoot Tom at every opportunity, he loves the attention
F/Lt. Moggy DSO*,DFC***,CDG & CAT
Yellow Section
No.43 Squadron
Bunny
Wing Commander
Wing Commander

Post by Bunny »

Im going to go with the name Krist I think......

Happy to have you on board with us Krist, I look forward to flying with you soon.

the guys here have an extreme amount of knowledge of all things aircraft / simulators and if you have any questions i'm sure they can help you. I cant obviously.. they only allow me in for comedy value to be honest.

S! Bunster
F/Lt Bunny
No1 Squadron B Flight Leader
Executive Officer No1 Squadron.
(Still part of the 145 Sqd dream team of course) :bunny1
--------------------------------------------------------
"The ONLY time you have too much fuel is when you are on fire"
Tom
Marshall of the RAF
Marshall of the RAF

Post by Tom »

Bunny wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:23 pm they only allow me in for comedy value to be honest.
Mainly visual comedy because of how he looks. Also tragi-comedy because of... well... Bunny himself.
In selecting the motto... 'all for one and one for all'... I have done so because it expresses what should be the creed to every Fighter Pilot. Never forget that you are an essential cog in the wheel, and if you break or fail it will let down your brother pilots, and the grimness of war allows for no such weakness.

Air Vice Marshal Saul in the foreword to 13 Group's 'Forget-Me-Nots for Fighters'

"They fly Hurricanes, isn't it? Them's shit planes for remtards on free dinners..."
Armstrong & Miller Show
Silk
Group Captain
Group Captain
Registered for: 8 years

Post by Silk »

Except when he arrives on the doorstep with doughnuts
Tom
Marshall of the RAF
Marshall of the RAF

Post by Tom »

Silk wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:45 pm Except when he arrives on the doorstep with doughnuts
Even then it’s only because the kids find him amusing.
In selecting the motto... 'all for one and one for all'... I have done so because it expresses what should be the creed to every Fighter Pilot. Never forget that you are an essential cog in the wheel, and if you break or fail it will let down your brother pilots, and the grimness of war allows for no such weakness.

Air Vice Marshal Saul in the foreword to 13 Group's 'Forget-Me-Nots for Fighters'

"They fly Hurricanes, isn't it? Them's shit planes for remtards on free dinners..."
Armstrong & Miller Show
Nick

Post by Nick »

Greetings fellow people of the internet! I tried to put in an app a couple of days ago but it returned an error as it didn't like some abbreviation I put in (I assume an anti-spam measure), can I just check with da management that it didn't actually accept it and I'll pop something in again?
Tom
Marshall of the RAF
Marshall of the RAF

Post by Tom »

Hi

wasn't sure if it was a genuine registration as cunners could potentially have very rude connotations, especially in the UK.

Tweak the name and I'll activate it.

Cheers

Tom

Armstrong & Miller Show
Bemmo

Post by Bemmo »

Hello all,

looking forward to meeting some of you this evening, look out for the guy flying in the wrong direction, assuming I actually manage to get off the ground

Bemmo