The Tangmere Pilots extend a warm welcome to visitors in the Guest Room. Please feel free to register, drop by the Guest Room to say hello. If you are looking to join a squadron, we are currently recruiting. You can browse the rest of our site to see if The Tangmere Pilots fit what you are looking for.

Welcome Guests.

A place for all Tangmere guests to come along and say hello, have a pint and get to know who we are, and what we are up to.

Moderators: Bunny, Tom

Moggy
Wing Commander
Wing Commander
Registered for: 18 years 10 months

Re: Welcome Guests.

Post by Moggy »

@Bemmo are you related to Bunny by any chance and can you tell the difference between a P-40 and a Spitfire?
Oh and I've forgotten our Bunny identifier, is a windsock?

1. Something used to determine wind direction and speed
2. Something found on an airfield best avoided as it looks substantial
3. Somewhere to run into and park your aircraft

If you've answered "3" you're Bunny.
F/Lt. Moggy DSO*,DFC***,CDG & CAT
Yellow Section
No.43 Squadron
Bemmo

Post by Bemmo »

Plane recognition bit iffy, tend to close my eyes when I see one and then fire, tend to miss a lot.

I like windsocks they help you to check wind speed when you parachute down
Sparky
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader
Registered for: 6 years

Post by Sparky »

Bemmo wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:26 pm Plane recognition bit iffy...

I like windsocks they help you to check wind speed when you parachute down
Everything is a Stuka. What's all this fuss about landing when you can bail out and avoid the drama?
Pilot Officer, Press Officer

"No smoking within twelve hours of mission brief. No drinking within fifty feet of the aircraft."

"The mission...is...to fly and to fight, and don't you forget it."

"You have to go out. You don't have to come back."
Bemmo

Post by Bemmo »

You're right Sparky, always found landing a bit overrated, plus it means you need to take more fuel if you plan on coming back
Bemmo

Post by Bemmo »

Can you tell where to find the TS server?
Tom
Marshall of the RAF
Marshall of the RAF

Post by Tom »

Bemmo wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:52 pm Can you tell where to find the TS server?
See email.

@cunners - now Nick
In selecting the motto... 'all for one and one for all'... I have done so because it expresses what should be the creed to every Fighter Pilot. Never forget that you are an essential cog in the wheel, and if you break or fail it will let down your brother pilots, and the grimness of war allows for no such weakness.

Air Vice Marshal Saul in the foreword to 13 Group's 'Forget-Me-Nots for Fighters'

"They fly Hurricanes, isn't it? Them's shit planes for remtards on free dinners..."
Armstrong & Miller Show
Bemmo

Post by Bemmo »

Sorry Tom,

must be missing something, checked emails and cannot see a sever address?
Bemmo

Post by Bemmo »

this is just like map navigation, never seem to get where I need to be.

Computer say no, cannot find the page from the link.
Tom
Marshall of the RAF
Marshall of the RAF

Post by Tom »

It isn’t a link as such.

Once you’ve installed Teamspeak, at the top choose the option that takes you to bookmarks.

Create a bookmark called Tangmere or summat, call yourself Bemmo, put the address I sent you into the server address and the password into the password field.
In selecting the motto... 'all for one and one for all'... I have done so because it expresses what should be the creed to every Fighter Pilot. Never forget that you are an essential cog in the wheel, and if you break or fail it will let down your brother pilots, and the grimness of war allows for no such weakness.

Air Vice Marshal Saul in the foreword to 13 Group's 'Forget-Me-Nots for Fighters'

"They fly Hurricanes, isn't it? Them's shit planes for remtards on free dinners..."
Armstrong & Miller Show
Nick

Post by Nick »

Hiya guys,

Just wondering if anyone has had a chance to look at my recruitment application yet? Popped one in 10 days ago but not heard anything back yet, which was making me wonder if it actually submitted properly or not.
Hunter
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant
Registered for: 18 years 8 months

Post by Hunter »

Hi Nick,

I'm just one of the squaddies but I saw your post. One of the "Top Brass" will get back to you shortly I'm sure.

Once they have put down their Gin and it's that is!
"Let them eat cake." Johnson.

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
Tom
Marshall of the RAF
Marshall of the RAF

Post by Tom »

Nick wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:53 pm
Just wondering if anyone has had a chance to look at my recruitment application yet?
That’s odd as I normally respond straight away. Submit it again and we’ll check for it.

If I don’t see it I’ll use your profile email to contact you.

Armstrong & Miller Show
Bemmo

Post by Bemmo »

Hi everyone

firstly for those of you who have seen my recent attempts at taking off, my apologies. Secondly, on the odd occasion when I have made it off the runway, I wish to reassure you all that until there are some signs of improvement, I will continue to land using the "crash alongside the runway technique", thus avoiding leaving various parts of my plane on the runway. A technique with which I have become extremely familiar over the last couple of weeks and IMHO, have become quite good at.

On the note of some signs of improvement, my thanks to Tom, Merlin, Sparky & Silk for trying to instill some basic concepts and grasping of elemental points to get me airborne (still not sure showing me how to start the engine, whilst being parked in a plane in close vicinity to mine is such a good idea).

On the note of improving, would be great to get some additional time with some of you gents. I have spent quite a lot of time on our TS server talking to myself, having now been enlightened that most of the time people tend to be on the Discord server. Would really appreciate if some of you would "adopt" a friend on Discord and if possible spent some time in achieving the impossible by helping me improve. I don't mind watching the you tube videos, but its not the same. My tag on Discord is Bemmo#5270.

Regards

Bemmo
Eddie
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant
Registered for: 6 years

Post by Eddie »

We have a discord? I want in too!

RAF-Czechoslovakian exile troops, F/O. Eddie Havran - No.601 Squadron, Yellow Section, West Malling, 1941
Oberfeldwebel der Luftwaffe, Engelbert von Raben - Jagdflieger der Jagdgechwader 26, Westfront, 1944/45
USAAF, 2LT Eddie Raven - 379th FS, 362nd FG, 9th Army Air Force, December 1944
Silk
Group Captain
Group Captain
Registered for: 8 years

Post by Silk »

No Eddie - I said that some of you guys fly more regularly than I do but I didn't know whether you used comms or maybe even the public Discord servers - just a minor misunderstanding. I probably didn't explain it well.