The Tangmere Pilots extend a warm welcome to visitors in the Guest Room. Please feel free to register, drop by the Guest Room to say hello. If you are looking to join a squadron, we are currently recruiting. You can browse the rest of our site to see if The Tangmere Pilots fit what you are looking for.

OTU Open for BoS

The room where all the training updates happen. Find out how our recruits are doing here!!!

Moderator: Bunny

Jacko
Air Marshall
Air Marshall
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

OTU Open for BoS

Post by Jacko »

Msy be too early but should we start prep for BoS
maybe get a head start on other squads
Special recognition - Odious Mission Designer
VVS Rank: Starshina of the 32nd IAD Fighter Aviation Regiment.
RAF Rank: F/Lt Jacko No1 Squadron (JX-J) & No1 Sqd Press Officer
LW Rank: Feldwebel

"Use speed get close, get closer and make every bullet count "

"The only proper defense is offense"
.......Air Vice-Marshall J.E "Johnnie" Johnson, RAF
https://www.tangmere-museum.org.uk/
Tom
Marshall of the RAF
Marshall of the RAF
Registered for: 18 years 11 months

Re: OTU Open for BoS

Post by Tom »

Too early as the final game isn't out, we don't know enough about it and we don't have the missions prepped.

That and we aren't using it yet. I reckon OTU could start around January when we have a good idea about it.
In selecting the motto... 'all for one and one for all'... I have done so because it expresses what should be the creed to every Fighter Pilot. Never forget that you are an essential cog in the wheel, and if you break or fail it will let down your brother pilots, and the grimness of war allows for no such weakness.

Air Vice Marshal Saul in the foreword to 13 Group's 'Forget-Me-Nots for Fighters'

"They fly Hurricanes, isn't it? Them's shit planes for remtards on free dinners..."
Armstrong & Miller Show
Reggie
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

Post by Reggie »

Plus the fact that I doubt any of us are excellent pilots in it yet....I am still getting the hang of things for sure, and I still can't bloody land properly in it :-o
Reggie - website and forum dude.
Jacko
Air Marshall
Air Marshall
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by Jacko »

Reggie wrote:Plus the fact that I doubt any of us are excellent pilots in it yet....I am still getting the hang of things for sure, and I still can't bloody land properly in it :-o
He he maybe there is a case for us all going to OTU
Special recognition - Odious Mission Designer
VVS Rank: Starshina of the 32nd IAD Fighter Aviation Regiment.
RAF Rank: F/Lt Jacko No1 Squadron (JX-J) & No1 Sqd Press Officer
LW Rank: Feldwebel

"Use speed get close, get closer and make every bullet count "

"The only proper defense is offense"
.......Air Vice-Marshall J.E "Johnnie" Johnson, RAF
https://www.tangmere-museum.org.uk/
Tom
Marshall of the RAF
Marshall of the RAF

Post by Tom »

Jacko wrote:
Reggie wrote:Plus the fact that I doubt any of us are excellent pilots in it yet....I am still getting the hang of things for sure, and I still can't bloody land properly in it :-o
He he maybe there is a case for us all going to OTU

Tuesday training will be interesting once BoS is officially released. And before probably.
In selecting the motto... 'all for one and one for all'... I have done so because it expresses what should be the creed to every Fighter Pilot. Never forget that you are an essential cog in the wheel, and if you break or fail it will let down your brother pilots, and the grimness of war allows for no such weakness.

Air Vice Marshal Saul in the foreword to 13 Group's 'Forget-Me-Nots for Fighters'

"They fly Hurricanes, isn't it? Them's shit planes for remtards on free dinners..."
Armstrong & Miller Show
Reggie
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

Post by Reggie »

Yes, unfortunately we couldn't sort out any kind of practice server for TP ir have someone who has mastered an aircraft run through the takeoff and landing and so on with those of us who are not masters.

I am using Requiem's vids at the moment, but to be perfectly honest I am hardly playing BOS at all - mainly because I don't want to overdo it and be bored of it before I get start flying it with other TP chaps on release now and then.
Reggie - website and forum dude.
Tom
Marshall of the RAF
Marshall of the RAF

Post by Tom »

After figuring out that my left brake was reversed I managed to take off in the FW190 then crash landed immediately. After a hairy second take off I discovered I had trim fully up (hence the first crash) but at about 350km/h everything is a lot smoother.

The only thing is that at the moment I'm not sure what works and what doesn't, eg cowl flaps and so on. It's sure going to prove a whole new challenge but when we're all together it'll be a blast.

Armstrong & Miller Show
Hunter
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant
Registered for: 18 years 8 months

Post by Hunter »

I don't think the oil rad or the cowl flaps work . Neither does the in cockpit fuel gauge.

I don't think the landing process is helped by the paleness of the runway against the terrain. Anyone know of a way of increasing the contrast in the terrain?

Flying the a/c in combat may be very similar to IL2/ CloD but take off and especially landings are a whole lot more demanding.

What does everyone else think about the gunnery and the damage model? Is it me or is it easier to get hits and are those hits more devastating? Or is it that as Brits in CloD we have got use to machine guns being ineffective in terms of immediate visible damage.
"Let them eat cake." Johnson.

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
Tom
Marshall of the RAF
Marshall of the RAF

Post by Tom »

Hard to say. A long time ago the developers said they wanted to make damage more real hence the apparent increased damage. I'm not convinced that getting hits is easier, but maybe the visual cue is greater when you do hit.

I have no idea how right it is.

Armstrong & Miller Show