The Tangmere Pilots extend a warm welcome to visitors in the Guest Room. Please feel free to register, drop by the Guest Room to say hello. If you are looking to join a squadron, we are currently recruiting. You can browse the rest of our site to see if The Tangmere Pilots fit what you are looking for.

No6_OTU needs more fresh and new blood...

The room where all the training updates happen. Find out how our recruits are doing here!!!

Moderator: Bunny

Tigertooo
Flying Officer
Flying Officer
Registered for: 18 years 11 months

No6_OTU needs more fresh and new blood...

Post by Tigertooo »

Hear you thinking: we know, we need new trainees....got you again :))
No6_OTU at Sutton Bridge also needs a new CO.
I indeed resignated as Senior Training Officer and Top Brass has accepted.
Reason? Simple: I have done this for a bit more than 10 years now and with the new devellopements in Flight Sims, i feel the time has come to leave it to younger chaps, with new and fresh ideas on how to approach OTU with the new upcoming simulators ( BoS,DCS).
I am still a bit too old fashioned and want to stick with what was OTU ( and TP) for me: Il2 1946 Sturmovik.
I do realise there is no way back though, hence my resignation.A part of my Virtual and Real Life has ended.
I can assure you that those 10 years OTU were the very best in my Virtual life and i want to thank all of you for giving a Bloody Belgian the opportunity to lead an English OTU for the best online Wing there exist.
Surely i was helped with many others: BB, Tom,Cheese,Mothy,Hatter,Nummy & others. Big thank you to them.
As a nostalgic touch, i added a list of those chaps who contacted OTU in those 10 years. Makes me smile when seeing very strange nick names and names of forgotten TP pilots who passed OTU but quit anyhow.

Any volounteer to take the job, please send your application to Top Brass. I will of course provide the lucky one with the needed documents to approach a new trainee.

So my successor: give Mabel my regards

From me, a last time from No6_OTU at Sutton Bridge:
That is all, carry on

PS:
Mirror,mirror on the wall,
Who is the best TP of them all?
"Thou are not Tiger, there's no doubt."
Euhh, well...roger that mirror,over and out.

"The Belgian Windbag"
Handsome

Re: No6_OTU needs more fresh and new blood...

Post by Handsome »

Thank you, Tiger. :!!
Hunter
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant
Registered for: 18 years 8 months

Post by Hunter »

Thank you for a guiding light in the process of joining TP.
"Let them eat cake." Johnson.

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
Jab

Post by Jab »

Huge amount of time and effort, thank you.
Merlin
Flying Officer
Flying Officer
Registered for: 18 years 10 months

Post by Merlin »

Gosh that is a big list well done Tiger. :thumbup:
"It's a Squadron scramble sir"-"don't be wet, I'm still rebooting."
Cheese

Post by Cheese »

Without doubt,it is you Tiger that moulded every member that went through OTU.You where there first contact with this group and there fore showed them the right attitude and the right TP spirit.I still remember having sweaty hands and listening to every word that you said not knowing what was coming next.
A big thank you Tiger,you deserve a "special" medal for services to TP.

S!
Moggy
Wing Commander
Wing Commander
Registered for: 18 years 10 months

Post by Moggy »

Cheese wrote:Without doubt,it is you Tiger that moulded every member that went through OTU.You where there first contact with this group and there fore showed them the right attitude and the right TP spirit.I still remember having sweaty hands and listening to every word that you said not knowing what was coming next.
A big thank you Tiger,you deserve a "special" medal for services to TP.

S!
The order of the golden sandal with knee sock? :D
F/Lt. Moggy DSO*,DFC***,CDG & CAT
Yellow Section
No.43 Squadron
Tom
Marshall of the RAF
Marshall of the RAF

Post by Tom »

Cheese wrote: A big thank you Tiger,you deserve a "special" medal for services to TP.
Reckon we could get a chain so he could wear this as a medal?

In selecting the motto... 'all for one and one for all'... I have done so because it expresses what should be the creed to every Fighter Pilot. Never forget that you are an essential cog in the wheel, and if you break or fail it will let down your brother pilots, and the grimness of war allows for no such weakness.

Air Vice Marshal Saul in the foreword to 13 Group's 'Forget-Me-Nots for Fighters'

"They fly Hurricanes, isn't it? Them's shit planes for remtards on free dinners..."
Armstrong & Miller Show
Bigbyte
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

Post by Bigbyte »

Well done Tiger. I completely understand your decision as ten years is an eternity in the virtual world. OTU is a special place in Tangmere and sets us apart as a group having standards that must be met before one can join. I still fondly remember the OTU missions that I took as a trainee with Malc. I also did a stint as C/O OTU myself for a while. Great fun. I'm sure out of this fine bunch we'll find a chap of the correct caliber to take up the reigns. I'm very keen that the OTU ethos remains however. Perhaps we can have a couple of 'train the trainer' sessions? The sieve that is OTU is key to allowing the right sort of folks into our group.

Once again, good show Tiger :-bd

Edit: typo
Last edited by Bigbyte on Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
S/Ldr Bigbyte
Mothy's batman
Tom
Marshall of the RAF
Marshall of the RAF

Post by Tom »

Hear hear BB.

I have one chap lined up. If anyone else wants to be an instructor please say.

@ Tiger - I omitted thanks for all the hard work you've done. Over the last 3 years especially the frustrations have grown as there have not been many new recruits and many who were not appropriate. I give thanks for Spartan (despite him buggering off at Duxford and, even worse, being a ManUre supporter) and Dickie (despite him being a real life pilot with a SpitSim etc).
In selecting the motto... 'all for one and one for all'... I have done so because it expresses what should be the creed to every Fighter Pilot. Never forget that you are an essential cog in the wheel, and if you break or fail it will let down your brother pilots, and the grimness of war allows for no such weakness.

Air Vice Marshal Saul in the foreword to 13 Group's 'Forget-Me-Nots for Fighters'

"They fly Hurricanes, isn't it? Them's shit planes for remtards on free dinners..."
Armstrong & Miller Show
Reggie
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

Post by Reggie »

Well done Tiger, I also still remember the tense stress of OTU when I was taken by the original Ginger and Punch back in the day. The feeling of passing was great and felt like a real achievement.

You have been a huge help to me as well with developing the new site as far as quality checking the Pilot Manual and Training Manuals and so on, so to echo every else, thank you for so many years dedicated service to TP and OTU, you are a fine example.

:thumbup:
Tom wrote:Hear hear BB.

I have one chap lined up. If anyone else wants to be an instructor please say.
Haha, I notice you say you "have one lined up" rather than someone has volunteered - so I guess this is someone you have earmarked then, rather than someone who has approached you with interest. . . .we all know who ;)
Reggie - website and forum dude.
Tom
Marshall of the RAF
Marshall of the RAF

Post by Tom »

Reggie wrote: Haha, I notice you say you "have one lined up" rather than someone has volunteered - so I guess this is someone you have earmarked then, rather than someone who has approached you with interest. . . .

A combination of the two.

:)

Armstrong & Miller Show
Jacko
Air Marshall
Air Marshall
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by Jacko »

Thanks Tiger for your dedication to te OTU and TP in general. I remember you taking me up for the last flight back in late 2007. Not sure I understood a word you said due to the accent but I think you were generous enough to let me through into this quite amazing experience of TP and will always appreciate you as a person as well.

Dank u mijn vriend
Special recognition - Odious Mission Designer
VVS Rank: Starshina of the 32nd IAD Fighter Aviation Regiment.
RAF Rank: F/Lt Jacko No1 Squadron (JX-J) & No1 Sqd Press Officer
LW Rank: Feldwebel

"Use speed get close, get closer and make every bullet count "

"The only proper defense is offense"
.......Air Vice-Marshall J.E "Johnnie" Johnson, RAF
https://www.tangmere-museum.org.uk/
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Tiger, as one of the last of the many (did you see what I did there :) ), I would like to say thank you for persevering with my rather basic skills at OTU (those were nervous, sweaty palm flights), and helping me to make my progression to 145.

Very much appreciated.
Dickie

Post by Dickie »

And as the second to last of one of the last of the many, I'd also like to thank you for your years of service at the OTU. <S>