The Tangmere Pilots extend a warm welcome to visitors in the Guest Room. Please feel free to register, drop by the Guest Room to say hello. If you are looking to join a squadron, we are currently recruiting. You can browse the rest of our site to see if The Tangmere Pilots fit what you are looking for.

Starshina Rusti arrives at Kalach

The room where all the training updates happen. Find out how our recruits are doing here!!!

Moderator: Bunny

Tom
Marshall of the RAF
Marshall of the RAF
Registered for: 18 years 11 months

Starshina Rusti arrives at Kalach

Post by Tom »

Gentlemen, we have been infiltrated by another Belgian. Except our other Belgian is German. Well, something like that anyway.

So, I am pleased to confirm that Starshina Rusti has successfully passed AF1. Be gentle with him as he's relatively new to flight sims but also be slightly suspicious as he said he didn't know how to land but managed 2 landings better than a lot of ops landings I've seen recently...

Make him welcome in the ol' VVS and LW way - lots of vodka and funky black uniforms. Sounds a bit like a 601 party when it's cold and they need to keep warm. That is an image that will hopefully NOT stay with me.

Carry on.
In selecting the motto... 'all for one and one for all'... I have done so because it expresses what should be the creed to every Fighter Pilot. Never forget that you are an essential cog in the wheel, and if you break or fail it will let down your brother pilots, and the grimness of war allows for no such weakness.

Air Vice Marshal Saul in the foreword to 13 Group's 'Forget-Me-Nots for Fighters'

"They fly Hurricanes, isn't it? Them's shit planes for remtards on free dinners..."
Armstrong & Miller Show
Bunny
Wing Commander
Wing Commander

Re: Starshina Rusti arrives at Kalach

Post by Bunny »

Hey Rusti ! Welcome to T.P. I hope you have a great virtual time with us :-)

See you in the skies

S! Bunster
F/Lt Bunny
No1 Squadron B Flight Leader
Executive Officer No1 Squadron.
(Still part of the 145 Sqd dream team of course) :bunny1
--------------------------------------------------------
"The ONLY time you have too much fuel is when you are on fire"
Jacko
Air Marshall
Air Marshall
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by Jacko »

Tom wrote: Make him welcome in the ol' VVS and LW way - lots of vodka and funky black uniforms. Sounds a bit like a 601 party when it's cold and they need to keep warm. That is an image that will hopefully NOT stay with me.
But in the summer the 601 Squadron boys new how to relax

Special recognition - Odious Mission Designer
VVS Rank: Starshina of the 32nd IAD Fighter Aviation Regiment.
RAF Rank: F/Lt Jacko No1 Squadron (JX-J) & No1 Sqd Press Officer
LW Rank: Feldwebel

"Use speed get close, get closer and make every bullet count "

"The only proper defense is offense"
.......Air Vice-Marshall J.E "Johnnie" Johnson, RAF
https://www.tangmere-museum.org.uk/
Silk
Group Captain
Group Captain
Registered for: 8 years

Post by Silk »

Welcome Rusti - looking forward to flying with you :)
Blackjack
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Registered for: 8 years 11 months

Post by Blackjack »

Welcome Rusti, see you in air. Maybe you can teach me how to land
"I also like to live dangerously"-Austin Powers,blackjack scene
Dutch
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant
Registered for: 18 years 9 months

Post by Dutch »

Welcome Rusti.
I wanna go full-horrible. Take me to the nasties.
RustiSub
Senior Aircraftman
Senior Aircraftman
Registered for: 7 years 4 months

Post by RustiSub »

Ha! Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

I had a blast with Tom flying in circles and only slightly embarrassing myself.
He only had to come looking for me because I managed to get lost like ... twice?

We'll call my landings beginner's luck for now until I actually manage to do it when there's 10 people watching.
I did manage to get my 109 out of the deep snow next to the ruway, so that has to count for something.
Though I'm sure Tom's speech during the landing procedure about getting shot if I botched my landings too many times did help.

Anyway, I learned a lot and I look forward to flying with the rest of you guys!

If scheduling allows I'll drop by on Friday evening.

Cheers!

Rusti, the wandering sheep
Tom
Marshall of the RAF
Marshall of the RAF

Post by Tom »

RustiSub wrote: getting shot if I botched my landings too many times did help.
Bunny will be watching you with gun loaded, be sure!

Keep on eye on the Official Midweek Flying forum to check what's going on.
In selecting the motto... 'all for one and one for all'... I have done so because it expresses what should be the creed to every Fighter Pilot. Never forget that you are an essential cog in the wheel, and if you break or fail it will let down your brother pilots, and the grimness of war allows for no such weakness.

Air Vice Marshal Saul in the foreword to 13 Group's 'Forget-Me-Nots for Fighters'

"They fly Hurricanes, isn't it? Them's shit planes for remtards on free dinners..."
Armstrong & Miller Show
Tom
Marshall of the RAF
Marshall of the RAF

Post by Tom »

The second AF was completed last night, complete with obligatory LaGG spin after landing. Ok he cannot see anything but that means (wishful thinking) that he won't be shooting at me.

Armstrong & Miller Show
RustiSub
Senior Aircraftman
Senior Aircraftman
Registered for: 7 years 4 months

Post by RustiSub »

Oh well, at least it outshone my earlier shenanigans.

My highlight reel:
- Taxi'ing 3 F-4's into the cornfield and promptly leaving them there to rust
- Landing without my gear down
- Pressing every button on my joystick out of muscle memory right after I key bound "Drop Bombs" (and everyone warning me beforehand)
- Not shooting at or colliding with any part of Tom's plane

So tailspinning my landing, I can definitely live with.

Thanks for the AF, was a fun flight!
Jacko
Air Marshall
Air Marshall
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by Jacko »

- Taxi'ing 3 F-4's into the cornfield and promptly leaving them there to rust. I am sure you heard the sound of Tom gently sobbing each time Its all down to throttle control dont over do it. Try the FW190 if you have it for torque. Try tail lock to keep you straight
- Landing without my gear down. take your time on landing go through a landing check list
- Pressing every button on my joystick out of muscle memory right after I key bound "Drop Bombs" (and everyone warning me beforehand) lol that does happen
- Not shooting at or colliding with any part of Tom's plane talk to Blackjack and JP about how to improve on this ddfective technique we have not heard a good winge from Tom for ages

So tailspinning my landing, I can definitely live with. well it was a LaGG on ops you normally don't live long enough to worry about landing

Cheers

Jacko
Last edited by Jacko on Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Special recognition - Odious Mission Designer
VVS Rank: Starshina of the 32nd IAD Fighter Aviation Regiment.
RAF Rank: F/Lt Jacko No1 Squadron (JX-J) & No1 Sqd Press Officer
LW Rank: Feldwebel

"Use speed get close, get closer and make every bullet count "

"The only proper defense is offense"
.......Air Vice-Marshall J.E "Johnnie" Johnson, RAF
https://www.tangmere-museum.org.uk/
LittleJP

Post by LittleJP »

Hi Rusti, good to fly with you last night, hope to see you next week.

Jacko wrote: - Not shooting at or colliding with any part of Tom's plane talk to Blackjack and JP about how to improve on this ddfective technique we have not heard a good winge from Tom for ages

So tailspinning my landing, I can definitely live with. well it wax a LaGG on ops you normally don't live long enough to worry about landing

Cheers

Jacko
The trick is to dive at him while firing constantly at around 30m. Either you hit him and don't collide, or you collide. Win-win.

Guess I'll work on 'accidentally' dropping my bombs at him if I pull an emergency landing ahead of him.
Tom
Marshall of the RAF
Marshall of the RAF

Post by Tom »

Ok so Rusti has now completed A/F 3. He says he needs a lot of practice. I think he just needs to go waaaaaay at the back.

He'll do fine though.

:thumbup

Armstrong & Miller Show