The Tangmere Pilots extend a warm welcome to visitors in the Guest Room. Please feel free to register, drop by the Guest Room to say hello. If you are looking to join a squadron, we are currently recruiting. You can browse the rest of our site to see if The Tangmere Pilots fit what you are looking for.

Feldwebel Papa Bear arrives at Kalach

The room where all the training updates happen. Find out how our recruits are doing here!!!

Moderator: Bunny

Tom
Marshall of the RAF
Marshall of the RAF
Registered for: 18 years 11 months

Feldwebel Papa Bear arrives at Kalach

Post by Tom »

Needs to practice formation flying he says, says needs to improve this and that. Gentlemen I think we have a hustler here as everything he did was great, even fun on the expert servers.

Ok ok ok he didn't see the whopping great big Heinkels that almost rammed him but that is just detail.

Congratulations Papa Bear for passing A/F1. The other chaps will make sure you feel welcome but avoid any long hugs from anyone with clammy or moist hands. That is generally anyone you find in the 601 mess.

Oh, and don't shoot at me.

:thumbup
In selecting the motto... 'all for one and one for all'... I have done so because it expresses what should be the creed to every Fighter Pilot. Never forget that you are an essential cog in the wheel, and if you break or fail it will let down your brother pilots, and the grimness of war allows for no such weakness.

Air Vice Marshal Saul in the foreword to 13 Group's 'Forget-Me-Nots for Fighters'

"They fly Hurricanes, isn't it? Them's shit planes for remtards on free dinners..."
Armstrong & Miller Show
Papa Bear

Re: Feldwebel Papa Bear arrives at Kalach

Post by Papa Bear »

Thank you for today it was allot of fun and i did really enjoyed today.
with regards of these great big Heinkels (thy wasn't so big). i did concentrate on staying in formation and and having no add like labels or any other visual reference it needs some practice to be good at it.
as for my first EVER attempt flying in some sort of structure i did ok i'm think.
LittleJP

Post by LittleJP »

Didn't shoot down Tom by accident, 0/10

:)
Blackjack
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Registered for: 8 years 11 months

Post by Blackjack »

Welcome Papa bear, you seemed like a very competent pilot to me. Bunny will be disappointed.
"I also like to live dangerously"-Austin Powers,blackjack scene
Silk
Group Captain
Group Captain
Registered for: 8 years

Post by Silk »

Welcome indeed. I had a ringside seat for that Heinkel encounter and the game credited me with an assist.... whether that was for helping you down him or him down you it didn't say. Don't worry about not shooting Tom yet, it'll come in time :D
Tom
Marshall of the RAF
Marshall of the RAF

Post by Tom »

Silk wrote:Welcome indeed. I had a ringside seat for that Heinkel encounter and the game credited me with an assist.... whether that was for helping you down him or him down you it didn't say. Don't worry about not shooting Tom yet, it'll come in time :D

The Heinkels in AF1 almost rammed him.
In selecting the motto... 'all for one and one for all'... I have done so because it expresses what should be the creed to every Fighter Pilot. Never forget that you are an essential cog in the wheel, and if you break or fail it will let down your brother pilots, and the grimness of war allows for no such weakness.

Air Vice Marshal Saul in the foreword to 13 Group's 'Forget-Me-Nots for Fighters'

"They fly Hurricanes, isn't it? Them's shit planes for remtards on free dinners..."
Armstrong & Miller Show
Silk
Group Captain
Group Captain

Post by Silk »

Aha - I thought you were referring to the Heinkel that DID ram him in Random Expert last night.
Papa Bear

Post by Papa Bear »

what that all DON'T SHOOT TOM about? and about Heinkel i did nos see them on A/F1 and on RANDOM EXPERT + it was bf 110 tho ram in to me
Silk
Group Captain
Group Captain

Post by Silk »

It's just leg-pulling mate. Really don't worry about it :D
LittleJP

Post by LittleJP »

Well, there was this one time, Tom reallllly looked like a German, and flew like a German while we were flying for the Soviets, and I, being the conscientious pilot put a couple cannon rounds into his engine. I personally blame Tom. If he didn't want to get shot by his own side, he would've flown something that looked more Russian, like an I-16
Tom
Marshall of the RAF
Marshall of the RAF

Post by Tom »

Silk wrote:Aha - I thought you were referring to the Heinkel that DID ram him in Random Expert last night.

Ok we need to work on your recognition skills.

Armstrong & Miller Show
Papa Bear

Post by Papa Bear »

I know i do need to work on couple thing. mostly seen enemy and recognizing
Jacko
Air Marshall
Air Marshall
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by Jacko »

Papa Bear wrote:I know i do need to work on couple thing. mostly seen enemy and recognizing
Hi Papa sounds like you did well, the English sense of humour may take longer to understand than getting the skills for formation flying.
Cheers
Jacko
Special recognition - Odious Mission Designer
VVS Rank: Starshina of the 32nd IAD Fighter Aviation Regiment.
RAF Rank: F/Lt Jacko No1 Squadron (JX-J) & No1 Sqd Press Officer
LW Rank: Feldwebel

"Use speed get close, get closer and make every bullet count "

"The only proper defense is offense"
.......Air Vice-Marshall J.E "Johnnie" Johnson, RAF
https://www.tangmere-museum.org.uk/
Silk
Group Captain
Group Captain

Post by Silk »

Tom wrote:
Silk wrote:Aha - I thought you were referring to the Heinkel that DID ram him in Random Expert last night.

Ok we need to work on your recognition skills.

Yes, my eyesight is terrible and I frequently fly around not firing my guns for fear of shooting at a friendly. The log for last night, however, confirms that the plan that clipped my engine and that collided with Papa-bear was a Heinkel piloted by Nblg_Magni. The give away for me was the wing shape even before counting the number of stabilisers and seeing the glass nose :p :salute :salute
Tom
Marshall of the RAF
Marshall of the RAF

Post by Tom »

Papa Bear did A/F 2 very well today. He actually did AF/3 masquerading as A/F 2 but you get the idea. Just 2 more A/Fs to go and I'm hoping he'll get a couple of ops in before Christmas.

Very good fun.

Armstrong & Miller Show