The Tangmere Pilots extend a warm welcome to visitors in the Guest Room. Please feel free to register, drop by the Guest Room to say hello. If you are looking to join a squadron, we are currently recruiting. You can browse the rest of our site to see if The Tangmere Pilots fit what you are looking for.

A general note for any new chaps

The room where all the training updates happen. Find out how our recruits are doing here!!!

Moderator: Bunny

Tom
Marshall of the RAF
Marshall of the RAF
Registered for: 18 years 11 months

A general note for any new chaps

Post by Tom »

Gentlemen,

a short note on membership fo Tangmere and what it means in respect of behaviour.

The two most important rules are no swearing on comms and no political discussions. The no swearing is important as sometimes we have little ears listening in and kids are so good at learning the wrong words... The political "rule" bends sometimes especially in the current world environment but try to avoid it.

Remember that during the OTU process it is important for you all to join the rest of us on Tuesdays or Fridays otherwise we’ll have no idea if you’ll fit in.

Finally, please ensure that your pilot and forum name are the same as otherwise we won't have a clue that Fluffy in game is actually Deathsaw in the forum etc.

Carry on
In selecting the motto... 'all for one and one for all'... I have done so because it expresses what should be the creed to every Fighter Pilot. Never forget that you are an essential cog in the wheel, and if you break or fail it will let down your brother pilots, and the grimness of war allows for no such weakness.

Air Vice Marshal Saul in the foreword to 13 Group's 'Forget-Me-Nots for Fighters'

"They fly Hurricanes, isn't it? Them's shit planes for remtards on free dinners..."
Armstrong & Miller Show
Bigbyte
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

Re: A general note for any new chaps

Post by Bigbyte »

Ascii boobs are not against the rules though

( . )(. )
S/Ldr Bigbyte
Mothy's batman
LittleJP

Post by LittleJP »

I prefer tie fighters. (-o-) - - - - - >-o-<
Sparky
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader
Registered for: 6 years

Post by Sparky »

Bigbyte wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:08 pm Ascii boobs are not against the rules though

( . )(. )
They are if one points straight ahead and the other points inward.

Maybe they're meant to be viewed through beer goggles. :Woah
Pilot Officer, Press Officer

"No smoking within twelve hours of mission brief. No drinking within fifty feet of the aircraft."

"The mission...is...to fly and to fight, and don't you forget it."

"You have to go out. You don't have to come back."
Tom
Marshall of the RAF
Marshall of the RAF

Post by Tom »

Updated as too many have game and forum names that are different.

Thinking about it, I'm casting a sharp glance at Roy here...
In selecting the motto... 'all for one and one for all'... I have done so because it expresses what should be the creed to every Fighter Pilot. Never forget that you are an essential cog in the wheel, and if you break or fail it will let down your brother pilots, and the grimness of war allows for no such weakness.

Air Vice Marshal Saul in the foreword to 13 Group's 'Forget-Me-Nots for Fighters'

"They fly Hurricanes, isn't it? Them's shit planes for remtards on free dinners..."
Armstrong & Miller Show
Reggie
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

Post by Reggie »

18thEastern wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:39 am This is Frosty

Is there a way to reset my username the edit profile system doesn’t seem to be cooperating
You will need to pm one of the moderators or admins and ask them to change your username for you - obviously giving them the details of what you want it changed to. If you want yours to be changed to Frosty confirm that for me and I will make the change for you.

:Thumbup
Reggie - website and forum dude.
Reggie
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

Post by Reggie »

Frosty wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:23 am Confirmed. Go ahead and make the change if you would.
Done, and I have e-mailed you with instructions on what to do next.
Reggie - website and forum dude.