The Tangmere Pilots extend a warm welcome to visitors in the Guest Room. Please feel free to register, drop by the Guest Room to say hello. If you are looking to join a squadron, we are currently recruiting. You can browse the rest of our site to see if The Tangmere Pilots fit what you are looking for.

Feldwebel Gosho arrives at Kalach

The room where all the training updates happen. Find out how our recruits are doing here!!!

Moderator: Bunny

Tom
Marshall of the RAF
Marshall of the RAF
Registered for: 18 years 11 months

Feldwebel Gosho arrives at Kalach

Post by Tom »

Gentlemen,

Feldwebel Gosho arrived today and successfully completed his first assessment flight. Not only that but he shot at stuff (not me I hasten to add) in general flying and he landed successfully, bending his prop at the same time (in general flying, not in the first assessment flight - that landing was fine). Aaaaanyway, with his bent prop he'll fit right in.

So, give him a warm welcome in your individual ways. Gosho, do not accept any invitations to try some private wrestling, avoid Merlin at take off and if Blackjack is anywhere near you just watch out because he has a habit of firing at friendlies. Don't worry if Bunny is looking at you funny as that's just how he looks.

Oh, and Gosho is a nickname for Georgi which I didn't manage to say properly without sounding like some uncouth northern type, so I called him George.

Carry on.
In selecting the motto... 'all for one and one for all'... I have done so because it expresses what should be the creed to every Fighter Pilot. Never forget that you are an essential cog in the wheel, and if you break or fail it will let down your brother pilots, and the grimness of war allows for no such weakness.

Air Vice Marshal Saul in the foreword to 13 Group's 'Forget-Me-Nots for Fighters'

"They fly Hurricanes, isn't it? Them's shit planes for remtards on free dinners..."
Armstrong & Miller Show
Blackjack
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Registered for: 8 years 11 months

Re: Feldwebel Gosho arrives at Kalach

Post by Blackjack »

Welcome to the unit Gosho, good luck with the other AF's.
"I also like to live dangerously"-Austin Powers,blackjack scene
Silk
Group Captain
Group Captain
Registered for: 8 years

Post by Silk »

Welcome mate. You seem like you'll fit right in. As I said last night, any time you see my Practice server up and running feel free to pop in.
Bunny
Wing Commander
Wing Commander

Post by Bunny »

Wwelcome to TP. See you in the sky soon.
Bunster
F/Lt Bunny
No1 Squadron B Flight Leader
Executive Officer No1 Squadron.
(Still part of the 145 Sqd dream team of course) :bunny1
--------------------------------------------------------
"The ONLY time you have too much fuel is when you are on fire"
Jacko
Air Marshall
Air Marshall
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by Jacko »

Welcome
Special recognition - Odious Mission Designer
VVS Rank: Starshina of the 32nd IAD Fighter Aviation Regiment.
RAF Rank: F/Lt Jacko No1 Squadron (JX-J) & No1 Sqd Press Officer
LW Rank: Feldwebel

"Use speed get close, get closer and make every bullet count "

"The only proper defense is offense"
.......Air Vice-Marshall J.E "Johnnie" Johnson, RAF
https://www.tangmere-museum.org.uk/
Nummy
Flying Officer
Flying Officer
Registered for: 18 years 10 months

Post by Nummy »

Willkommen an der Ostfront, Feldwebel Gosho.
"The flash of a Spitfire's wing, then, through the misty glare of the summer sky, the first flash of a sharpened sword."

Vincent "Jimmy" Sheean, American journalist, watching a dogfight over Dover, August 1940.
Dutch
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant
Registered for: 18 years 9 months

Post by Dutch »

Welcome.
I wanna go full-horrible. Take me to the nasties.
Gosho
Flying Officer
Flying Officer
Registered for: 6 years 10 months

Post by Gosho »

Greetings Gents,

Thank you very much for the warm welcome! It was great flying with you despite my inept handling of the 109 :)

See you soon!

Georgi aka Gosho
Silk
Group Captain
Group Captain

Post by Silk »

My apologies for the bare and barren experience in AF2 last night, not sure exactly why, but for some reason the Complex Triggers that control detection of the player aircraft and trigger the spawning of the AI units had become totally blank. I have now reviewed and repaired the triggers in AF2 mission and will check missions 3 and 4. I seem to remember talk of 'einkels (Messerschmitts) when Tom was doing AF1 the other day, so assume this was working correctly. I will check it anyway.
Gosho
Flying Officer
Flying Officer

Post by Gosho »

Ah, no worries! What is important is that I duly served Stalin and the Motherland - glided the plane on the runway before dying a painful death in the burning cockpit shot by our "own" flak :)

It was fun for me, I hope Merlin enjoyed the view, too :D
Tom
Marshall of the RAF
Marshall of the RAF

Post by Tom »

Do you mean he didn't spot any enemies? Mhhmmmmmm

Maybe re-fly it on Friday as a bit of fun.
In selecting the motto... 'all for one and one for all'... I have done so because it expresses what should be the creed to every Fighter Pilot. Never forget that you are an essential cog in the wheel, and if you break or fail it will let down your brother pilots, and the grimness of war allows for no such weakness.

Air Vice Marshal Saul in the foreword to 13 Group's 'Forget-Me-Nots for Fighters'

"They fly Hurricanes, isn't it? Them's shit planes for remtards on free dinners..."
Armstrong & Miller Show
Silk
Group Captain
Group Captain

Post by Silk »

If there's enough flak, maybe I could use it as one of my Sunday missions :banana =)) \:D/
Gosho
Flying Officer
Flying Officer

Post by Gosho »

I will try to make it on Friday, sure. If not, I hope next Tuesday is ok?
Silk
Group Captain
Group Captain

Post by Silk »

I've been thinking of the flak and am not really sure what purpose it serves to have airfield flak on an airfield that can be used by either side. There is also flak part way around some of the circuits and I'm not really sure that needs to be there in AFs that can be flown as either faction either. Guidance please?
Tom
Marshall of the RAF
Marshall of the RAF

Post by Tom »

The flak has never been active before. It shouldn't be active for any of the missions.

Very odd

Armstrong & Miller Show