The Tangmere Pilots extend a warm welcome to visitors in the Guest Room. Please feel free to register, drop by the Guest Room to say hello. If you are looking to join a squadron, we are currently recruiting. You can browse the rest of our site to see if The Tangmere Pilots fit what you are looking for.

Feldwebel Woody arrives at Kalach

The room where all the training updates happen. Find out how our recruits are doing here!!!

Moderator: Bunny

charlie
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant
Registered for: 18 years 11 months

Re: Feldwebel Woody arrives at Kalach

Post by charlie »

Hi Woody and welcome aboard ol' chap. Like Reggie, I'm not flying really at all at the the moment but hope to h get back to ops soon ( I've been saying that for nearly a year!). Maybe the lovely new Spitfire will lure me back...hope to chat to you soon! :salute
F/Lt Charlie DFC*
No1 Sqn

"Success in life consists of going from one mistake to the next without losing your enthusiasm."
Winston Churchill

Modelling projects:
http://www.behance.net/search?search=ch ... user_tags=
Merlin
Flying Officer
Flying Officer

Post by Merlin »

Congratulation Woody on passing OTU 3 with a perfect landing to boot
"It's a Squadron scramble sir"-"don't be wet, I'm still rebooting."
Woody

Post by Woody »

Merlin wrote:Congratulation Woody on passing OTU 3 with a perfect landing to boot
Yay, thank you, Merlin! Wouldn't have done it without you. Now I just gotta work on the actual takeoff bit! *cough*
Woody

Post by Woody »

By the way, I just have to just come out and say it: Silk's idea of an Assessment Flight is a lot more fun than Tom's and Merlin's:

Tom
Marshall of the RAF
Marshall of the RAF

Post by Tom »

The crash landing is noted.

[-(
In selecting the motto... 'all for one and one for all'... I have done so because it expresses what should be the creed to every Fighter Pilot. Never forget that you are an essential cog in the wheel, and if you break or fail it will let down your brother pilots, and the grimness of war allows for no such weakness.

Air Vice Marshal Saul in the foreword to 13 Group's 'Forget-Me-Nots for Fighters'

"They fly Hurricanes, isn't it? Them's shit planes for remtards on free dinners..."
Armstrong & Miller Show
Woody

Post by Woody »

Tom wrote:The crash landing is noted.

[-(
Crash? What are you talking about? Look at that soft, smooth, perfectly straight line in the dirt running through the hangars! Isn't there a Plowman of the Motherland medal or something? :-bd

Also, I'd like to report an act of nazi sabotage: my Yak got saddled with a defective propeller that gets all bent and useless as soon as it hits the ground at 500km/h. Unbelievable!
Tom
Marshall of the RAF
Marshall of the RAF

Post by Tom »

Sooooo you forgot to lower your undercarriage?

Noted, as is the wilful destruction of Soviet property followed by an inexcusable attempt to deflect blame from yourself.

Bunny will be watching you very carefully indeed!

In selecting the motto... 'all for one and one for all'... I have done so because it expresses what should be the creed to every Fighter Pilot. Never forget that you are an essential cog in the wheel, and if you break or fail it will let down your brother pilots, and the grimness of war allows for no such weakness.

Air Vice Marshal Saul in the foreword to 13 Group's 'Forget-Me-Nots for Fighters'

"They fly Hurricanes, isn't it? Them's shit planes for remtards on free dinners..."
Armstrong & Miller Show
Jacko
Air Marshall
Air Marshall
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by Jacko »

Woody your mistake was not getting killed. Now Bunny has to waste a bullet.

By the way for AF4 you must do it inverted . :ymsmug:
Special recognition - Odious Mission Designer
VVS Rank: Starshina of the 32nd IAD Fighter Aviation Regiment.
RAF Rank: F/Lt Jacko No1 Squadron (JX-J) & No1 Sqd Press Officer
LW Rank: Feldwebel

"Use speed get close, get closer and make every bullet count "

"The only proper defense is offense"
.......Air Vice-Marshall J.E "Johnnie" Johnson, RAF
https://www.tangmere-museum.org.uk/
Silk
Group Captain
Group Captain
Registered for: 8 years

Post by Silk »

This scene belies the fact that on his first attempt he managed the flight through the hangers without the aid of VR
Bunny
Wing Commander
Wing Commander

Post by Bunny »

Hmmmmmm - I can see I might need a new pistol and a good supply of bullets:-)
F/Lt Bunny
No1 Squadron B Flight Leader
Executive Officer No1 Squadron.
(Still part of the 145 Sqd dream team of course) :bunny1
--------------------------------------------------------
"The ONLY time you have too much fuel is when you are on fire"
Tom
Marshall of the RAF
Marshall of the RAF

Post by Tom »

Silk wrote:This scene belies the fact that on his first attempt he managed the flight through the hangers without the aid of VR
Got track huh HUH?

If that assertion is in fact true despite the lack any evidence to support it, why did he not do it perfectly the second time too?

Plus, what was he doing recklessly endangering Soviet ware equipment for cheap thrills? It just gets worse!

Armstrong & Miller Show
Woody

Post by Woody »

Cheap thrills? I resent the implication, sir! After we were done inspecting the underside of local bridges for signs of battle damage or sabotage, we hit upon the idea of airing the dust out of those hangars in that way that would save the Motherland thousands of man-hours in cleaning work and free more comrades to fight on the front!
Tom
Marshall of the RAF
Marshall of the RAF

Post by Tom »

Ah but here you fall down in your argument as the hangers are obviously empty. If only you had not posted a picture of your folly!

Bunny, can we start him off on 4 political officer points? Mind you he has to get through AF4 first...

Armstrong & Miller Show
Bunny
Wing Commander
Wing Commander

Post by Bunny »

Shoot him.before he starts ??? I like the cut of your jib sir :-)
F/Lt Bunny
No1 Squadron B Flight Leader
Executive Officer No1 Squadron.
(Still part of the 145 Sqd dream team of course) :bunny1
--------------------------------------------------------
"The ONLY time you have too much fuel is when you are on fire"
Woody

Post by Woody »

Fortunately by the time I graduate we'll all be flying Spits for the RAF and there will be no more political officers nor political officers shooting pilots! :ymparty:

Right? :-ss