The Tangmere Pilots extend a warm welcome to visitors in the Guest Room. Please feel free to register, drop by the Guest Room to say hello. If you are looking to join a squadron, we are currently recruiting. You can browse the rest of our site to see if The Tangmere Pilots fit what you are looking for.

Feldwebel Fritz leaves Kalach

The room where all the training updates happen. Find out how our recruits are doing here!!!

Moderator: Bunny

Blackjack
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Registered for: 8 years 11 months

Re: Feldwebel Fritz leaves Kalach

Post by Blackjack »

Well done Fritz. See you on Ops.

I’m not up to scratch on your background, did you fly F/A 18’s for real or in another virtual squadron?
"I also like to live dangerously"-Austin Powers,blackjack scene
Fritz
Flying Officer
Flying Officer
Registered for: 6 years 5 months

Post by Fritz »

Blackjack wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:52 pmI’m not up to scratch on your background, did you fly F/A 18’s for real or in another virtual squadron?
Oh no... I've never flown a real F/A-18. It was with Jane's F/A-18E years ago with a Virtual Navy I was a member of. We had a collection of 4 squadrons (2 of Janes F18, 2 of Falcon 4.0) and did a lot of cross / combined op stuff.

The only real planes I've flown are Cessna 152s, 172s, and a Beech Skipper. Speaking of which, I finally got everything set, and am going to begin real flight training for a PPL in the next 2 weeks. Just a bit excited about that.
James "Fritz" Bucholtz

"The duty of the fighter pilot is to patrol his area of the sky, and shoot down any enemy fighters in that area. Anything else is rubbish." - Manfred von Richthofen

"Some friends are better shots than are casual enemies." - Eddie Rickenbacker

"Who's the best pilot you ever saw?" - Mercury Astronaut Gordon Cooper
TP_Andy
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant
Registered for: 6 years 4 months

Post by TP_Andy »

Fritz wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:37 am
Blackjack wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:52 pmI’m not up to scratch on your background, did you fly F/A 18’s for real or in another virtual squadron?
Oh no... I've never flown a real F/A-18. It was with Jane's F/A-18E years ago with a Virtual Navy I was a member of. We had a collection of 4 squadrons (2 of Janes F18, 2 of Falcon 4.0) and did a lot of cross / combined op stuff.

The only real planes I've flown are Cessna 152s, 172s, and a Beech Skipper. Speaking of which, I finally got everything set, and am going to begin real flight training for a PPL in the next 2 weeks. Just a bit excited about that.
Good luck with that, any aviation training is a great experience! I'm currently waiting for my TMG final exam to broaden my SPL license and I have got the ULL and ultimately the PPL (or even CPL) license in sight as the final goals! The only things missing are time and money. :Biggrin
Now that I think of it, since there is already quite a bunch of real-life flyers among our broad TP ranks, we might as well create a thread dedicated to sharing our interesting moments, experiences and lessons learned.
Non multi sed multa.
- Not many (men), but very much (dedication). 312th Czechoslovak Squadron's motto.

Andy, BSc. SSc.
- F/Sgt, Blue section's No.3, B flight of No. 601 Squadron
- 1st Ltn, Red Section's No.3, 379th Fighter Squadron
- Obltn, Red Schwarm's No. 3, Staffel 1 of II./JG 26, intelligence officer

- Cast as one handsome devil in BotB, BP RAF1,122W, DW, VL, UT, DGHL, KC, SA, SOTK and LA campaigns
- Also known by the name Horror by (Mission) Design
Reggie
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader
Registered for: 18 years 11 months

Post by Reggie »

Well done Fritz - look forward to seeing you on ops :Thumbup
Reggie - website and forum dude.
Jacko
Air Marshall
Air Marshall
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by Jacko »

Welcome Fritz. Ahh memories of Janes military sims. I also enjoyed Fleet Command and was with an online fleet once upon a time
Special recognition - Odious Mission Designer
VVS Rank: Starshina of the 32nd IAD Fighter Aviation Regiment.
RAF Rank: F/Lt Jacko No1 Squadron (JX-J) & No1 Sqd Press Officer
LW Rank: Feldwebel

"Use speed get close, get closer and make every bullet count "

"The only proper defense is offense"
.......Air Vice-Marshall J.E "Johnnie" Johnson, RAF
https://www.tangmere-museum.org.uk/