The Tangmere Pilots extend a warm welcome to visitors in the Guest Room. Please feel free to register, drop by the Guest Room to say hello. If you are looking to join a squadron, we are currently recruiting. You can browse the rest of our site to see if The Tangmere Pilots fit what you are looking for.

Sgt. Dickie arrives at Sutton Bridge

The room where all the training updates happen. Find out how our recruits are doing here!!!

Moderator: Bunny

Tigertooo
Flying Officer
Flying Officer
Registered for: 18 years 11 months

Sgt. Dickie arrives at Sutton Bridge

Post by Tigertooo »

listen up chaps, as i will tell this only once: Sgt Dickie , the first CloD trainee in Tangmere,arrived ar Sutton Bridge and passed with extremely flying colours. He did a FR ( difficult) navigation over England. Even with a perfect engine management on his Tiger Moth he lost his engine just before Gatwick at angels 6. I ordered him to recover from an induced 5 turn spin. He did and made a perfect landing ,without engine, at Gatwick. Well done that chap.
I think an 'old day's" TP welcome would be imminent. That's all carry on
Mirror,mirror on the wall,
Who is the best TP of them all?
"Thou are not Tiger, there's no doubt."
Euhh, well...roger that mirror,over and out.

"The Belgian Windbag"
Tom
Marshall of the RAF
Marshall of the RAF

Re: Sgt. Dickie arrives at Sutton Bridge

Post by Tom »

If he didn't also destroy a staffel of Me110s and a schwarm of 109s, using the Hunter patented ramming manoeuvre, then he's probably not good enough for 601!

Welcome Dickie old chap!
In selecting the motto... 'all for one and one for all'... I have done so because it expresses what should be the creed to every Fighter Pilot. Never forget that you are an essential cog in the wheel, and if you break or fail it will let down your brother pilots, and the grimness of war allows for no such weakness.

Air Vice Marshal Saul in the foreword to 13 Group's 'Forget-Me-Nots for Fighters'

"They fly Hurricanes, isn't it? Them's shit planes for remtards on free dinners..."
Armstrong & Miller Show
Jacko
Air Marshall
Air Marshall
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by Jacko »

Welcome tricky Dick y, you might want to chnage you name with some of the characters around here particularly that 601 mob :D
Special recognition - Odious Mission Designer
VVS Rank: Starshina of the 32nd IAD Fighter Aviation Regiment.
RAF Rank: F/Lt Jacko No1 Squadron (JX-J) & No1 Sqd Press Officer
LW Rank: Feldwebel

"Use speed get close, get closer and make every bullet count "

"The only proper defense is offense"
.......Air Vice-Marshall J.E "Johnnie" Johnson, RAF
https://www.tangmere-museum.org.uk/
Dutch
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant
Registered for: 18 years 9 months

Post by Dutch »

Hello Dickie - well done on your first flight.

Only 2 rules worth remembering in TP...

1. Backs to the wall in 601's mess.

2. It's always Bunny's fault.
I wanna go full-horrible. Take me to the nasties.
Handsome

Post by Handsome »

Hi D, welcome to the looneybin :thumbup:
Flashheart

Post by Flashheart »

Hello Dickie! Welcome mate, did Tiger mention the joining fee? Payable to me £50. This covers the first round for the 43 crew. Proper drinkers.
Try not to get mixed up with 601, they all drink babysham and enter the bar "ready lubed". This applies to Cheese also.
Reggie
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

Post by Reggie »

Welcome on board Dickie - good to see you passed first flight ok. Look forward to having you on ops with whoever you end up with - if they give you 601 then ask for a transfer :ymsick:
Reggie - website and forum dude.
Dickie

Post by Dickie »

Gentlemen,

Hello from Canada, nice to meet you all!

It's great to be back in a sim where the rudder pedals aren't just foot rests, after DCS A-10C it will be fun to be able to drop a bomb by pressing one button instead of 47. :D

A DFC (Definitely Frightened Cross) for Tigertooo, I think I scared him enough to guarantee myself an assignment to single seat aircraft from now on! He's cleared me for practice nights so I'll see you tonight :)

Flashheart, my Canuck ears are unaccustomed to "babysham", is it like this?

Cheers all!

Dickie
Tom
Marshall of the RAF
Marshall of the RAF

Post by Tom »

Dickie wrote: Hello from Canada, nice to meet you all!

Dickie
Some clarification is obviously needed here.

By 'all' this is not a reference to 1, 43 or 145 sections. Indeed, if it were a reference to any of those sections it would be more in the case of significant irony, as in "It's nice to meet you all... ah, let me pick up that soap for you."

It is also a tacit acknowledgement that he hasn't in fact met all of us.
In selecting the motto... 'all for one and one for all'... I have done so because it expresses what should be the creed to every Fighter Pilot. Never forget that you are an essential cog in the wheel, and if you break or fail it will let down your brother pilots, and the grimness of war allows for no such weakness.

Air Vice Marshal Saul in the foreword to 13 Group's 'Forget-Me-Nots for Fighters'

"They fly Hurricanes, isn't it? Them's shit planes for remtards on free dinners..."
Armstrong & Miller Show
Tigertooo
Flying Officer
Flying Officer

Post by Tigertooo »

Tom, can i urge you not to confuse the new trainee from the start.
Can i urge you also to re-read: The Tangmere Pilots/Pilot's Operational Handbook/Part 1/Preface/ 1.02/ Operational structure, where it is stated that 1, 43 and 145 are SQUADRONS and NOT Sections.
You wouldn't want to loose a trainee who is happy to join a descent Wing, by teaching him the wrong things.
imho teaching wrong things is the privilege for 601 Section.
Mirror,mirror on the wall,
Who is the best TP of them all?
"Thou are not Tiger, there's no doubt."
Euhh, well...roger that mirror,over and out.

"The Belgian Windbag"
Tom
Marshall of the RAF
Marshall of the RAF

Post by Tom »

Ahhhhhhhh yes, it has to clarify that they're squadrons not sections. Still, what's in a name. 601 means handsome devils that are killers in their Fuglycanes and Spitfires.

:)

Armstrong & Miller Show
Dickie

Post by Dickie »

I thought it was pronounced Schpitfeuer? Or is that only in the Alsace-Lorraine region?

;)
Jab

Post by Jab »

Welcome :ymhug:
Bigbyte
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

Post by Bigbyte »

deleted
S/Ldr Bigbyte
Mothy's batman
Dickie

Post by Dickie »

DELETED? After I spent all that time replying?

Never mind, here you go:
Bigbyte wrote:Hello Dickie,

Some questions:-

1, Have you seen the film "The Battle of Britain"?

Yup, many times. Have the DVD downstairs

2, If #1 is 'yes' how many times?

See above/enough times to wish Plummer had heeded the CANADA flash on his SD uniform and ditched the Shakespearian stage accent for one bloody picture

3, If #1 is 'yes' what is your favorite quote?

You can teach monkeys to fly better than that (Takkatakkatakka)

3b, If #1 is 'no' then go here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNOKXfZT ... 4DEF97EEB2

4, Do you know what 'banter' means?

Some sort of homosexual square dancing?

5, Have you ever worn a uniform?

Yes.

6, If #5 is yes what colour was it?

Not my fault sir, but it was Rifle Green. As an Air Cadet in the 1980s I was a victim of the Unification years. I missed the return to blue by about 5 years.

7, what is the correct spelling of colour?

No need to ask me, you appear to have it sorted. Same as Harbour and Honour.

That's all for now. In the meantime my No1 dress uniform is ready at the dry cleaners. You wouldn't mind getting it would you? Thanks awfully old chap.
Here you are Sir, I see they were able to get the stains out of the seat of the trews.