The Tangmere Pilots extend a warm welcome to visitors in the Guest Room. Please feel free to register, drop by the Guest Room to say hello. If you are looking to join a squadron, we are currently recruiting. You can browse the rest of our site to see if The Tangmere Pilots fit what you are looking for.

New OTU instructor

The room where all the training updates happen. Find out how our recruits are doing here!!!

Moderator: Bunny

Tom
Marshall of the RAF
Marshall of the RAF
Registered for: 18 years 11 months

New OTU instructor

Post by Tom »

F/Sgt Cheese is now appointed as our OTU Instructor.

His duties will include:

1. Assessment of all existent OTU procedures including communications and the like.

2. Providing a new and tested syllabus for 4 Assessment Flights.

3. All initial communications with prospective pilots.

4. Arrangement and conduct of all necessary Assessment Flights, with assistance from others if he is unable to conduct them himself in a timely fashion. If others wish to assist they can make themselves known.

5. Ensuring the rigorous application of the OTU procedures to ensure that the right people are encouraged and welcomed.

6. Promoting Tangmere Pilots at all possible times but specifically aimed at the right sort of chap.

7. Being the butt of all necessary, unnecessary or downright offensive jokes. As a Spud supporter he deserves it.

All hail Cheese!
In selecting the motto... 'all for one and one for all'... I have done so because it expresses what should be the creed to every Fighter Pilot. Never forget that you are an essential cog in the wheel, and if you break or fail it will let down your brother pilots, and the grimness of war allows for no such weakness.

Air Vice Marshal Saul in the foreword to 13 Group's 'Forget-Me-Nots for Fighters'

"They fly Hurricanes, isn't it? Them's shit planes for remtards on free dinners..."
Armstrong & Miller Show
Merlin
Flying Officer
Flying Officer
Registered for: 18 years 10 months

Re: New OTU instructor

Post by Merlin »

:thumbup:
"It's a Squadron scramble sir"-"don't be wet, I'm still rebooting."
Reggie
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

Post by Reggie »

What?? Really? Oh well, that's it then the requirements to be a TP have now completely gone down the drain, he will let anyone pass for a pint :-o ;)

Now the poor recruits will have to put up with Cheesy Chatter instead of Belgian Waffle :))

Cheese please pm me so I can make sure that I have your up to date e-mail. Any applications on the site come to me and I will need to forward them to you with associated details. Thank you :D

Also Tom, does this put Cheese in charge of finding some recruits too? Keeping up to date recruitment posts on various forums and the like?
Reggie - website and forum dude.
Tom
Marshall of the RAF
Marshall of the RAF

Post by Tom »

Reggie wrote: Also Tom, does this put Cheese in charge of finding some recruits too? Keeping up to date recruitment posts on various forums and the like?

I reckon so - anything to keep him quiet.

@ Tiger - please can you send the paperwork etc to Cheese and cc it to me. Thanks awfully.
In selecting the motto... 'all for one and one for all'... I have done so because it expresses what should be the creed to every Fighter Pilot. Never forget that you are an essential cog in the wheel, and if you break or fail it will let down your brother pilots, and the grimness of war allows for no such weakness.

Air Vice Marshal Saul in the foreword to 13 Group's 'Forget-Me-Nots for Fighters'

"They fly Hurricanes, isn't it? Them's shit planes for remtards on free dinners..."
Armstrong & Miller Show
Bigbyte
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

Post by Bigbyte »

Well done cheese.

@ Tom, small hint:

S/Ldr Bigbyte
Mothy's batman
Tom
Marshall of the RAF
Marshall of the RAF

Post by Tom »

By his own request.

Armstrong & Miller Show
Cheese

Post by Cheese »

Ah!!!!

I thank your for your kind words and support( I think).
I have already selected my 2i/c. Not because of his flying capabilities or his charm(obviously), it's because he is the font of all knowledge of these fan dangly puters!!!!.
Well done Flash :)
Now as I AM staying as a Flt Sgt these might be a bit odd to some.
I'll be off on my hols at the weekend and will jump straight into my new job on my return.
Yes Reg I will be seriously putting it about a bit :).

Ill send all info later when I get home.

Cheese
Cheese

Post by Cheese »

Tom wrote:Image

By his own request.

Thank you.

S!

Cheese
Tom
Marshall of the RAF
Marshall of the RAF

Post by Tom »

Cheese wrote:
Tom wrote:Image

By his own request.

Thank you.

S!

Cheese

A pleasure. :)

We'll go over stuff when you're back - I'll proof any changes to communications etc and I'll happily play the test stooge for any A/F missions. On reflection we'll probably need them in CLOD and BoS (in due course).

Armstrong & Miller Show
Reggie
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

Post by Reggie »

Tom wrote: We'll go over stuff when you're back - I'll proof any changes to communications etc and I'll happily play the test stooge for any A/F missions. On reflection we'll probably need them in CLOD and BoS (in due course).
Can I be involved in any changes and proofing please as some site/application/auto mail stuff may need to be modified accordingly depending on the changes.
Reggie - website and forum dude.
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Congrats to Cheese and Flash. Well done fellas.
Hunter
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant
Registered for: 18 years 8 months

Post by Hunter »

Well done for volunteering. I hope it's not as much work as I suspect it might be!
"Let them eat cake." Johnson.

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
Flashheart

Post by Flashheart »

It's all jolly exciting isn't it :D
Cheese

Post by Cheese »

Reggie

New address for OTU is

no6otu@sky.com.

I did type it in as capitals but it didn't accept.
When we get rolloing it will be checked daily

Cheese
Jacko
Air Marshall
Air Marshall
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by Jacko »

Well done cheese rank is not relevant its what you bring to the game.

p.s. I'll swap you for the scores :-o
Special recognition - Odious Mission Designer
VVS Rank: Starshina of the 32nd IAD Fighter Aviation Regiment.
RAF Rank: F/Lt Jacko No1 Squadron (JX-J) & No1 Sqd Press Officer
LW Rank: Feldwebel

"Use speed get close, get closer and make every bullet count "

"The only proper defense is offense"
.......Air Vice-Marshall J.E "Johnnie" Johnson, RAF
https://www.tangmere-museum.org.uk/