The Tangmere Pilots extend a warm welcome to visitors in the Guest Room. Please feel free to register, drop by the Guest Room to say hello. If you are looking to join a squadron, we are currently recruiting. You can browse the rest of our site to see if The Tangmere Pilots fit what you are looking for.

Feldwebel Scram leaves Kalach

The room where all the training updates happen. Find out how our recruits are doing here!!!

Moderator: Bunny

Scram

Re: Feldwebel Scram leaves Kalach

Post by Scram »

Cheers lads - when's the best time to get some flying with everyone?

@Tom - thanks, sounds like a more important life decision than A Levels, or choosing a child's name!!
Tom
Marshall of the RAF
Marshall of the RAF
Registered for: 18 years 11 months

Post by Tom »

Tonight from around 20:30. I'm playing tennis until then so I'll be on around 21:00.
In selecting the motto... 'all for one and one for all'... I have done so because it expresses what should be the creed to every Fighter Pilot. Never forget that you are an essential cog in the wheel, and if you break or fail it will let down your brother pilots, and the grimness of war allows for no such weakness.

Air Vice Marshal Saul in the foreword to 13 Group's 'Forget-Me-Nots for Fighters'

"They fly Hurricanes, isn't it? Them's shit planes for remtards on free dinners..."
Armstrong & Miller Show
Tom
Marshall of the RAF
Marshall of the RAF

Post by Tom »

And make sure you get all of the skins as we use them in TAW as well as on ops.
In selecting the motto... 'all for one and one for all'... I have done so because it expresses what should be the creed to every Fighter Pilot. Never forget that you are an essential cog in the wheel, and if you break or fail it will let down your brother pilots, and the grimness of war allows for no such weakness.

Air Vice Marshal Saul in the foreword to 13 Group's 'Forget-Me-Nots for Fighters'

"They fly Hurricanes, isn't it? Them's shit planes for remtards on free dinners..."
Armstrong & Miller Show
Eddie
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant
Registered for: 6 years

Post by Eddie »

Welcome Scram, good job.
I'll be assiging you a number this evening, check the campaign post.

RAF-Czechoslovakian exile troops, F/O. Eddie Havran - No.601 Squadron, Yellow Section, West Malling, 1941
Oberfeldwebel der Luftwaffe, Engelbert von Raben - Jagdflieger der Jagdgechwader 26, Westfront, 1944/45
USAAF, 2LT Eddie Raven - 379th FS, 362nd FG, 9th Army Air Force, December 1944
Sparky
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

Post by Sparky »

Eddie wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:53 pm Welcome Scram...I'll be assiging you a number this evening, check the campaign post.
Depending on how many beers Eddie has you might get number eleveny bazillion and assignment to a squadron guarding the Panama Canal or Antartica.
Pilot Officer, Press Officer

"No smoking within twelve hours of mission brief. No drinking within fifty feet of the aircraft."

"The mission...is...to fly and to fight, and don't you forget it."

"You have to go out. You don't have to come back."
Eddie
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

Post by Eddie »

Don't worry Sparky. I was flying today, so I'm only slightly high, not drunk!

RAF-Czechoslovakian exile troops, F/O. Eddie Havran - No.601 Squadron, Yellow Section, West Malling, 1941
Oberfeldwebel der Luftwaffe, Engelbert von Raben - Jagdflieger der Jagdgechwader 26, Westfront, 1944/45
Scram

Post by Scram »

Eddie wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:53 pm Welcome Scram, good job.
I'll be assiging you a number this evening, check the campaign post.
Hey Eddie, I'm not able to access the campaign forum, or most of the other ones either.
Eddie
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

Post by Eddie »

That means you dont have access yet, wait a couple of days so Reggie can give you access and you will see them :)

Tom
Marshall of the RAF
Marshall of the RAF

Post by Tom »

Scram77 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:43 pm
Hey Eddie, I'm not able to access the campaign forum, or most of the other ones either.
Try now, and please change your username to just Scram so it matches in game and in comms and all that. Tagging a number on the end isn’t ‘40s what what.

Armstrong & Miller Show
Scram

Post by Scram »

Right, managed to change the Il-2 game and forum as well as Teamspeak to TP_Scram (As plain old Scram was taken) but not seemingly able to change this forum.

Could one of you fine fellows in charge of this sort of thing take away my numbers please?
Tom
Marshall of the RAF
Marshall of the RAF

Post by Tom »

Scram wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:18 pm Right, managed to change the Il-2 game and forum as well as Teamspeak to TP_Scram (As plain old Scram was taken) but not seemingly able to change this forum.

Could one of you fine fellows in charge of this sort of thing take away my numbers please?
Done.

Armstrong & Miller Show
Scram

Post by Scram »

Cheers Tom
Sparky
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

TAW - Tactical Air War

Post by Sparky »

Scram, you might want to register on the German side of Tactical Air War and then get added to our squad there by whomever does that, Tom I think. You might already be on there but it's some of our best times fighting as a squad. We do perverse things like leave perfectly good fighters on the field and take 110s with bombs. It's always a hoot.
Pilot Officer, Press Officer

"No smoking within twelve hours of mission brief. No drinking within fifty feet of the aircraft."

"The mission...is...to fly and to fight, and don't you forget it."

"You have to go out. You don't have to come back."
Reggie
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

Post by Reggie »

Scram wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:52 amCheers Tom
Sorry Scram, I was away this weekend due to bank holiday so couldn't make the changes you needed. Thanks for doing that Tom :Thumbup
Reggie - website and forum dude.
Scram

Post by Scram »

I must apologise lads as I'm going to have to step away for a time I'm afraid.

Unfortunately circumstances have changed lately which have meant that I'm not able to get flying on sunday evenings on a regular basis. I'm hoping to see things settle down in a few weeks, in which case I'll ask nicely to be let back in.

It's been immense fun flying with you all in the short time I've been here, and i do hope to carry on where I left off in the not-too-distant-future.

All the best

Scram