The Tangmere Pilots extend a warm welcome to visitors in the Guest Room. Please feel free to register, drop by the Guest Room to say hello. If you are looking to join a squadron, we are currently recruiting. You can browse the rest of our site to see if The Tangmere Pilots fit what you are looking for.

Error every time i start the Game.

Get advice on your tackle, or for Charlie to ask questions when he's broken his computer.

Moderator: Bunny

Reggie
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader
Registered for: 18 years 11 months

Error every time i start the Game.

Post by Reggie »

Hi chaps,

I seem to get this every time I start the game - any of you have any ideas? It seems to run ok, but I obviously don't know what effect this may be having on performance etc.
Reggie - website and forum dude.
Silk
Group Captain
Group Captain
Registered for: 8 years 1 month

Re: Error every time i start the Game.

Post by Silk »

Try deleting the file and then scan for re-obtaining it? Or does that only work for Steam?
Jacko
Air Marshall
Air Marshall
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Jacko »

Do you need to repair directx.
Special recognition - Odious Mission Designer
VVS Rank: Starshina of the 32nd IAD Fighter Aviation Regiment.
RAF Rank: F/Lt Jacko No1 Squadron (JX-J) & No1 Sqd Press Officer
LW Rank: Feldwebel

"Use speed get close, get closer and make every bullet count "

"The only proper defense is offense"
.......Air Vice-Marshall J.E "Johnnie" Johnson, RAF
https://www.tangmere-museum.org.uk/
Reggie
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

Post by Reggie »

Silk wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:01 pm Try deleting the file and then scan for re-obtaining it? Or does that only work for Steam?
Only works for Steam, I have checked the IL2 Launcher doesnt seem to have any way of scanning and/or repairing files.

@Jacko I have no issues on DX on any other game, so doubt it is that but I will look at it anyway.

As an aside, if I have to do a full re-install, can you remind me where my game settings and control settings are saved so I dont have to set them all up again?
Silk
Group Captain
Group Captain

Post by Silk »

In your case the things you will want to back up will be at:

D:\Program Files (x86)\1c game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Moscow\Data\Input (folder for input and control settings)

D:\Program Files (x86)\1c game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Moscow\Data\Graphics\Skins (All skins sub-folders are in here - this is optional as you can re-download any skins)

and

D:\Program Files (x86)\1c game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Moscow\Data\Startup.cfg (game configuration settings)

I Just looked, by the way, and the file d3dx.ini appears to be related to the 'VR Enhancer' (formerly 3dmigoto) mod by Lefuenste). You will probably get away with either uninstalling the mod totally then re-installing it fresh or just deleting that file then re-installing the mod.
Silk
Group Captain
Group Captain

Post by Silk »

Reg - we fixed this for Sparky and Blackjack this evening.

In your D:\Program Files (x86)\1c game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Moscow\Bin\Game folder (the same one that IL-2.exe is in) you should see a batch file named “uninstall.bat”. Run this batch file and it will remove the following from your ...\Bin\Game folder

FILES
3d11.dll
d3dx.ini

DIRECTORIES
shaderfixes
users_settings
ReplacementTextures

After this you will need to re-install the VR Enhancer mod if you want to run it.
https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/62 ... -enhancer/
Sparky
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader
Registered for: 6 years

Post by Sparky »

Silk wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:37 pm Reg - we fixed this for Sparky and Blackjack this evening.
Silk's fix worked like a charm. I haven't tried using the zoom since so I may have to reinstall it.

Thanks, Silk. :rof_salute
Pilot Officer, Press Officer

"No smoking within twelve hours of mission brief. No drinking within fifty feet of the aircraft."

"The mission...is...to fly and to fight, and don't you forget it."

"You have to go out. You don't have to come back."
Silk
Group Captain
Group Captain

Post by Silk »

The zoom is now provided by the game, not by the mod. This was one of the features of the mod that caused so much discussion of whether or not it was a cheat.
Reggie
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

Post by Reggie »

Thanks guys, I haven't used 3dMigoto and/or VR Enhancer for quite a while now, will try the above and see if it sorts it for me. Much appreciated :thumbsup2
Reggie
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

Post by Reggie »

Silk wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:37 pm Reg - we fixed this for Sparky and Blackjack this evening.

In your D:\Program Files (x86)\1c game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Moscow\Bin\Game folder (the same one that IL-2.exe is in) you should see a batch file named “uninstall.bat”. Run this batch file and it will remove the following from your ...\Bin\Game folder

FILES
3d11.dll
d3dx.ini

DIRECTORIES
shaderfixes
users_settings
ReplacementTextures

After this you will need to re-install the VR Enhancer mod if you want to run it.
https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/62 ... -enhancer/
I had a look at this Silk and did not have a uninstall.bat file in this directory. I have therefore looked manually for the files you said it deletes, I had a couple of them, but not all of them. I manually removed them and the error has gone away on a game restart so hopefully all fixed. Many thanks for the pointer :thumbsup2