The Tangmere Pilots extend a warm welcome to visitors in the Guest Room. Please feel free to register, drop by the Guest Room to say hello. If you are looking to join a squadron, we are currently recruiting. You can browse the rest of our site to see if The Tangmere Pilots fit what you are looking for.
Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

A few bits of mine

The place for Charlie to put on his favourite dress and show us all his assets!!

Moderators: Reggie, Tom

charlie
Great Britain
Flying Officer
Flying Officer

Re: A few bits of mine

Post by charlie » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:13 pm

Hi Andy, I'm sorry I have not introduced myself yet so welcome to TP...the best Gentlemen's Club there is! ;) Some very nice work you have there, I particularly like the P51. I think currently there is only Reggie and myself who build so its great to have another chap on board to share work/projects. This room has gathered an awful lot of dust over the past year so now I have more time I am currently working on some new projects and will post progress.

The exhibition looks amazing! Where are you based?

Hope to chat on comms soon m8! :salute :thumbup
F/Lt Charlie DFC*
No longer B Flight Leader but still a bloody nice bloke
No1 Sqn

"Success in life consists of going from one mistake to the next without losing your enthusiasm."
Winston Churchill

Modelling projects:
http://www.behance.net/search?search=ch ... user_tags=

Reggie
Zimbabwe
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

Post by Reggie » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:21 am

Yes the exhibition does look really cool :) Some nice photos there as well :)
Squadron Leader Reggie
Site and Forum Dude.

Reggie
Zimbabwe
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

Post by Reggie » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:28 pm

Andy wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:58 pm
Thank you guys, I'm glad you like it! :)

@Charlie We're based in my hometown of Uherské Hradiště, southeast of the CZ, about 30 kilometers from the Slovakian border. It's not very large city (about 28 000 souls) but has quite an aviatic history. There was an Austro-Hungarian airfield during WWI, then an aircraft factory and bigger airfield were built in 1930's and remained to this day. LET L-410 Turbolet (twin-turboprop cargo planes) are produced here, as well as variety of small GA planes and ultralights.
Erm, I am not going to make any attempts whatsoever to pronounce the name of where you live :-o :-o
Squadron Leader Reggie
Site and Forum Dude.

Tom
Wales
Air Vice Marshall
Air Vice Marshall

Post by Tom » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:13 pm

Reggie wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:28 pm

Erm, I am not going to make any attempts whatsoever to pronounce the name of where you live :-o :-o

That's why he's Andy and not On?dr'ej"su^* or whatever it is.

:)
In selecting the motto... 'all for one and one for all'... I have done so because it expresses what should be the creed to every Fighter Pilot. Never forget that you are an essential cog in the wheel, and if you break or fail it will let down your brother pilots, and the grimness of war allows for no such weakness.

Air Vice Marshal Saul in the foreword to 13 Group's 'Forget-Me-Nots for Fighters'

"They fly Hurricanes, isn't it?, them's shit planes for remtards on free dinners..."
Armstrong & Miller Show

TP_Andy
Czech Republic
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by TP_Andy » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:21 pm

Let's wipe off the dust here, shall we?

A friend of mine who is with Czech air force and currently undertaking the Search-and-rescue helicopter training asked me for building a model of one of their rides for his retiring commander. It is the Mil Mi-2 (NATO codename Hoplite), callsign 0711 of Aircraft training center Pardubice, currently one of the Last two in services, awaiting their replacement by moře advanced PZL W-3A Sokol that are being used by regular units.

As for the kit itself, it is a work of polish manufacturer Aeroplast in scale 1:48. The kit is create by sort-run technology, thus rich in detail, but also of very soft plastic and the parta don't fit into each other very well.

Fun fact: apart from cutting of the part from frames, I built this one in a times pan of five rushing, swearing-filled afternoons due to sort deadline caused by my exams and a misunderstanding about the final term. It's a pity because there was still a lot to do and improve (for ecaple fitting of the windshield or wash weathering as you can see from the photos) but I still think it is not that bad as a table decoration for a non-modeller.

Some pics here:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/NBMmHO7jM6vBTLGf2

And some pics of the real thing for a reference:
https://www.google.cz/search?q=mi-2+071 ... =524&dpr=3
Non multi sed multa.
- Not many (men), but very much (dedication). 312th Czechoslovak Squadron's motto.

Spitfires over Kuban 2017 - 2018: Starshina Andy Andreyevich Schupkin (11 sorties, 3x KIA)
Defend the Goths Head Line 2018 - ? Feldwebel Andy von Schupka (1st class Iron Cross, 1x KBB)

Sparky
United States of America
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Sparky » Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:05 pm

Great job. He'll treasure that.

charlie
Great Britain
Flying Officer
Flying Officer

Post by charlie » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:30 pm

Hey Andy nice work on what sounds like a very difficult build! I have just completed a 1:32 Mustank Mk1 Photo-recon (Hobby Boss kit), in 'flight mode' for a client so will post up some pics soon. I'm glad you wiped the dust in here, its dirtier than Hatter's pant drawer!
F/Lt Charlie DFC*
No longer B Flight Leader but still a bloody nice bloke
No1 Sqn

"Success in life consists of going from one mistake to the next without losing your enthusiasm."
Winston Churchill

Modelling projects:
http://www.behance.net/search?search=ch ... user_tags=

TP_Andy
Czech Republic
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by TP_Andy » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:47 pm

charlie wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:30 pm
Hey Andy nice work on what sounds like a very difficult build! I have just completed a 1:32 Mustank Mk1 Photo-recon (Hobby Boss kit), in 'flight mode' for a client so will post up some pics soon. I'm glad you wiped the dust in here, its dirtier than Hatter's pant drawer!
Thanks Charlie, looking forward too see your results! :Thumbup
As for me, I returned to my long-forgotten FW-190 A-4 in 1:48 by Italeri. Currently in progress of decals setting.

Quick shot from the desk:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/MZ97zLY6sU49K4277
Last edited by TP_Andy on Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Non multi sed multa.
- Not many (men), but very much (dedication). 312th Czechoslovak Squadron's motto.

Spitfires over Kuban 2017 - 2018: Starshina Andy Andreyevich Schupkin (11 sorties, 3x KIA)
Defend the Goths Head Line 2018 - ? Feldwebel Andy von Schupka (1st class Iron Cross, 1x KBB)

Sparky
United States of America
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Sparky » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:54 pm

I can't see the photos (and would like to).

TP_Andy
Czech Republic
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by TP_Andy » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:02 pm

Sparky wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:54 pm
I can't see the photos (and would like to).
Edited.
Non multi sed multa.

Sparky
United States of America
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Sparky » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:16 am

Great job, Andy. Two questions:

1. Can you tell us the history of that particular a/c?
2. Did you camouflage your computer monitor housing?

TP_Andy
Czech Republic
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by TP_Andy » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:53 pm

Sparky wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:16 am
Great job, Andy. Two questions:

1. Can you tell us the history of that particular a/c?
2. Did you camouflage your computer monitor housing?
1) it is a Fw-190 A-4 of major Karl Kennel as flown in May 1945 - nothing really special known about this particular plane as it was used at the very end of the war - probably ended up shot down or scraped in the following years. I choose this paintscheme from the 5 or 6 offered because I liked the tri-color camouflage created from standard green-green late German WWII camo acccompained with the violetbraun in form of strips on the wings and flicks on the fuselage.
The transitions between each colour (especialy the brown as it was ad hoc hand-sprayed) should be fuzzy, however I did not dare to hand-airbrush them back then so the transitions are sharp. Maybe next time I'll give it finally a go and see what happens. I have a few planes with fuzzy camouflages ready to build, namely Bf-109 G-14 in Italian marking and classic Spit Mk. Vb, probably in S/Ldr František Fajtl standard RAF livery (RY-F). But that is the future for now.

2) No. Too much paint uselessly wasted. I like my PC like I like my tea. Black. Just as my soul.
Non multi sed multa.