The Tangmere Pilots extend a warm welcome to visitors in the Guest Room. Please feel free to register, drop by the Guest Room to say hello. If you are looking to join a squadron, we are currently recruiting. You can browse the rest of our site to see if The Tangmere Pilots fit what you are looking for.

Starshina Wardy arrives at Kalach

The room where all the training updates happen. Find out how our recruits are doing here!!!

Moderator: Bunny

Tom
Marshall of the RAF
Marshall of the RAF
Registered for: 18 years 11 months

Starshina Wardy arrives at Kalach

Post by Tom »

Gentlemen

I am pleased to announce that despite not seeing a couple of He111s (twice) or some FWs (landing lights on) near to Kalach that he did enough to avoid me rolling my eyes too much and to pass A/F 1.

Make him welcome as normal, though avoid the usual (or unusual depending on whether or not you swing that way) type of welcome.

Wardy, if anyone asks you to get some lube from Hatter at stores, don’t. Just don’t. Or you can if you want to but if Hatter starts muttering about Finger 4s well start running.

Carry on.
In selecting the motto... 'all for one and one for all'... I have done so because it expresses what should be the creed to every Fighter Pilot. Never forget that you are an essential cog in the wheel, and if you break or fail it will let down your brother pilots, and the grimness of war allows for no such weakness.

Air Vice Marshal Saul in the foreword to 13 Group's 'Forget-Me-Nots for Fighters'

"They fly Hurricanes, isn't it? Them's shit planes for remtards on free dinners..."
Armstrong & Miller Show
wardy

Re: Starshina Wardy arrives at Kalach

Post by wardy »

Tom wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:48 pm Gentlemen

I am pleased to announce that despite not seeing a couple of He111s (twice) or some FWs (landing lights on) near to Kalach that he did enough to avoid me rolling my eyes too much and to pass A/F 1.

Make him welcome as normal, though avoid the usual (or unusual depending on whether or not you swing that way) type of welcome.

Wardy, if anyone asks you to get some lube from Hatter at stores, don’t. Just don’t. Or you can if you want to but if Hatter starts muttering about Finger 4s well start running.

Carry on.
Thank you for that :)

I blame it on not being in VR or I need to go to spec savers and that's the excuse I am sticking with ;)

Wardy

PS: I did see some Nav Lights / Landing Lights but I was kinda busy on Final Approach to care :)
Silk
Group Captain
Group Captain
Registered for: 8 years

Post by Silk »

Well done on AF 1 :)
Blackjack
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Registered for: 8 years 11 months

Post by Blackjack »

Welcome to TP Wardy
"I also like to live dangerously"-Austin Powers,blackjack scene
Jacko
Air Marshall
Air Marshall
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by Jacko »

Keep it up Wardy, remember to shoot Tom on live fire missions.. he just loves it really
Special recognition - Odious Mission Designer
VVS Rank: Starshina of the 32nd IAD Fighter Aviation Regiment.
RAF Rank: F/Lt Jacko No1 Squadron (JX-J) & No1 Sqd Press Officer
LW Rank: Feldwebel

"Use speed get close, get closer and make every bullet count "

"The only proper defense is offense"
.......Air Vice-Marshall J.E "Johnnie" Johnson, RAF
https://www.tangmere-museum.org.uk/
Roycon
Flight Sergeant
Flight Sergeant
Registered for: 18 years 10 months

Post by Roycon »

:Cool Well done
Tom
Marshall of the RAF
Marshall of the RAF

Post by Tom »

Well, the least said about AF2 the better.

AF3 though, well that was certainly action packed. Twigs and branches everywhere there were. Carnage. Interspersed with "Ooooh ooooh I see tanks, and trucks, and a battleship 8 o'clock high..." Hmmm I thought. He spotted the "110s" (He111s) though, so there is some hope.

Anyway, what with losses at the front I suppose I'll have to pass him. He'll probably be an ace bomber pilot what with their low standards and high attrition rate. If he's a fighter though, oh mein gott, or OMG as we say on the morse.

Anyway, carry on Wardy. Just slightly differently, avoiding trees and the like.
In selecting the motto... 'all for one and one for all'... I have done so because it expresses what should be the creed to every Fighter Pilot. Never forget that you are an essential cog in the wheel, and if you break or fail it will let down your brother pilots, and the grimness of war allows for no such weakness.

Air Vice Marshal Saul in the foreword to 13 Group's 'Forget-Me-Nots for Fighters'

"They fly Hurricanes, isn't it? Them's shit planes for remtards on free dinners..."
Armstrong & Miller Show
Jacko
Air Marshall
Air Marshall
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by Jacko »

At least get him trained up enough for Bunny to shoot him
Special recognition - Odious Mission Designer
VVS Rank: Starshina of the 32nd IAD Fighter Aviation Regiment.
RAF Rank: F/Lt Jacko No1 Squadron (JX-J) & No1 Sqd Press Officer
LW Rank: Feldwebel

"Use speed get close, get closer and make every bullet count "

"The only proper defense is offense"
.......Air Vice-Marshall J.E "Johnnie" Johnson, RAF
https://www.tangmere-museum.org.uk/
Reggie
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

Post by Reggie »

:Woah :Not
Almost there Wardy :Thumbup
Reggie - website and forum dude.
Silk
Group Captain
Group Captain

Post by Silk »

From what I understand he was just trying to add camo .....
wardy

Post by wardy »

Well it was interesting.. on a sad note my VR pc.is going back as they broke the AIO when they fitted it + the DDR4 Dims...don't ask...pictures to follow.....
Silk
Group Captain
Group Captain

Post by Silk »

Good luck with getting it sorted. Hope that they do a good job in a reasonable time frame
Tom
Marshall of the RAF
Marshall of the RAF

Post by Tom »

That is a shame. I hope that if they simply replace components, that there isn’t any latent damage that will show up down the line.

PITA though it might be, I’d ask for a new pc. Unfit for purpose, Distance Selling Regs and all that.

Armstrong & Miller Show
wardy

Post by wardy »

The Silver lining is that I am on good terms with the head system builder and even he went "oooh"when he saw the pics. Plus it's covered under warranty anyway.Just a little bit pissed off that they over looked such a issue in quality control and b that I did not notice when I hooked it up. Saying that, it ran fine but the thing that made me look was a clicking noise that came from the fan for the AIO after running in VR. It's a very very tight for so they forced it it....
wardy

Post by wardy »

As you can see, someone tried to fit a round peg in a square hole :/