The Tangmere Pilots extend a warm welcome to visitors in the Guest Room. Please feel free to register, drop by the Guest Room to say hello. If you are looking to join a squadron, we are currently recruiting. You can browse the rest of our site to see if The Tangmere Pilots fit what you are looking for.
Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Flight controls - re convo on WhatsApp

Get advice on your tackle, or for Charlie to ask questions when he's broken his computer.

Moderators: Reggie, Tom

Gosho
Bulgaria
Flight Sergeant
Flight Sergeant

Re: Flight controls - re convo on WhatsApp

Post by Gosho » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:58 am

That's all great news for you, Andy - kudos!

On the anti-slip - I suggest you get one, it is cheap but very useful. I can't taxi the E7 with bombs without it ... And it is very frustrating to lose rudder control in a dogfight - very annoying.

TP_Andy
Czech Republic
Flight Sergeant
Flight Sergeant

Post by TP_Andy » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:38 am

@Silk, damn, that's very unfortunate.
@Gosho, Definitely will do, I just remembered we have it in the bottom of some of our kitchen drawers, must have a look whether there are any leftovers. If not, IKEA visit with obligatory meatballs dinner stop it is.

On the taxiing note - some guides suggest switching the prop pitch to manual, decrease to minimum value and only then commence taxiing. Reportedly it should reduce tail swinging significantly. Personally, I have not tried it yet, when using rocker I never had bigger troubles taxiing anything but now it might be useful.
Non multi sed multa.
- Not many (men), but very much (dedication). 312th Czechoslovak Squadron's motto.

German Andy #1: 1st & 2nd class Iron Cross, veteran of the DGHL campaign, fixing up the frontline together with the rest of SchG.1 in the Kuban Collapse campaign
German Andy #2: Veteran of the UT campaign
Soviet Andy#1: Order of the red banner, Order of the patriotic war, veteran of the ZM campaign
Soviet Andy#2: veteran of the SOTK and SA campaigns
British Andy: at the recruitment office
US Andy: still farming somewhere in Arkansas

Silk
Great Britain
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

Post by Silk » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:49 am

Yes, they do suggest that - nobody I know has got it to actually work though - prop won't go to manual or if it does the control to change it doesn't work.

Taxi slowly and carefully and it works just fine. Taxi-ing should not be done at any more than a fast walking speed, despite what you see in films.