The Tangmere Pilots extend a warm welcome to visitors in the Guest Room. Please feel free to register, drop by the Guest Room to say hello. If you are looking to join a squadron, we are currently recruiting. You can browse the rest of our site to see if The Tangmere Pilots fit what you are looking for.
Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Eduard 1:72 B24 Liberator: Coastal Command

The place for Charlie to put on his favourite dress and show us all his assets!!

Moderators: Reggie, Tom

charlie
Great Britain
Flying Officer
Flying Officer

Eduard 1:72 B24 Liberator: Coastal Command

Post by charlie » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:38 pm

Hey chaps, just thought I would post a recent commission, a long time since I completed anything! A bit of a departure for me, this being my first 'American' build, but as a Coastal Command version. A lovely kit and painting a white scheme is real challenge what with trying not to make it look, umm...white! I used a very light grey on top of a white base and then weathered with oils.

A very tricky scheme even though it looks very simple - a challenge having to mask the leading edge curves of the vertical stabs and spray black (actually dark grey for scale). Replacement brass barrels are a nice alternative to the poor kit parts. I made the base with a laser cutter. Photos are a bit rubbish as I did them with my phone, at night. :Thumbup

Next stop, the Airfix Walrus! :Geek

F/Lt Charlie DFC*
No longer B Flight Leader but still a bloody nice bloke
No1 Sqn

"Success in life consists of going from one mistake to the next without losing your enthusiasm."
Winston Churchill

Modelling projects:
http://www.behance.net/search?search=ch ... user_tags=