The Tangmere Pilots extend a warm welcome to visitors in the Guest Room. Please feel free to register, drop by the Guest Room to say hello. If you are looking to join a squadron, we are currently recruiting. You can browse the rest of our site to see if The Tangmere Pilots fit what you are looking for.
Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

HP Reverb Professional Edition VR headset (v2)

Get advice on your tackle, or for Charlie to ask questions when he's broken his computer.

Moderators: Reggie, Tom

Sparky
United States of America
Flying Officer
Flying Officer

HP Reverb Professional Edition VR headset (v2)

Post by Sparky » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:36 pm

I think Merlin has a new Valve Index and someone else is also going to order a Valve Index. No one has the HP Reverb. Are there reasons to choose one over the other?

My HP Reverb Professional (v2) VR headset arrived at my US address today and I'll arrive there Wednesday night. I guess the horse has left the barn but I'm curious as to Reverb vs. Valve Index.
Pilot Officer, Press Officer

"No smoking within twelve hours of mission brief. No drinking within fifty feet of the aircraft."

"The mission...is...to fly and to fight, and don't you forget it."

"You have to go out. You don't have to come back."

Chris-NO
Norway
Corporal
Corporal

Re: HP Reverb Professional Edition VR headset (v2)

Post by Chris-NO » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:09 pm

I've read and watched a couple of reviews of the Reverb vs others(mainly Oculus Rift), and the conclusion many draws is that the Reverb is better for Sim games because of better clarity, especially regarding text and small details(would be an advantage when spotting at greater distances).

I'm aiming for a Reverb when I can afford it(and a new computer :P )