The Tangmere Pilots extend a warm welcome to visitors in the Guest Room. Please feel free to register, drop by the Guest Room to say hello. If you are looking to join a squadron, we are currently recruiting. You can browse the rest of our site to see if The Tangmere Pilots fit what you are looking for.

Advice Please: Nummy Hunkered In, Getting Ready to Blow Cash on good Sim Computer

Get advice on your tackle, or for Charlie to ask questions when he's broken his computer.

Moderators: Reggie, Tom

Nummy
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer

Advice Please: Nummy Hunkered In, Getting Ready to Blow Cash on good Sim Computer

Post by Nummy »

Hi Chaps:
As a former world traveler with nowhere to go now, and hunkered down
behind his monitor in Texas, El Nummo is getting ready to blow his cash
on a good IL2/BoS flight sim computer.
The concept is 'Top of the Line' for 2019, as TOL for 2020 is financially out of the question.
Comments and advice about what works well and what doesn't, gratefully acknowledged.

Cheers
"The flash of a Spitfire's wing, then, through the misty glare of the summer sky, the first flash of a sharpened sword."

Vincent "Jimmy" Sheean, American journalist, watching a dogfight over Dover, August 1940.

Prangster
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer

Re: Advice Please: Nummy Hunkered In, Getting Ready to Blow Cash on good Sim Computer

Post by Prangster »

VR or no VR Mummy?
F/Sgt. Prangster
Green 2, No.601 Sqn

Tom
Air Marshall
Air Marshall

Re: Advice Please: Nummy Hunkered In, Getting Ready to Blow Cash on good Sim Computer

Post by Tom »

Budget?
In selecting the motto... 'all for one and one for all'... I have done so because it expresses what should be the creed to every Fighter Pilot. Never forget that you are an essential cog in the wheel, and if you break or fail it will let down your brother pilots, and the grimness of war allows for no such weakness.

Air Vice Marshal Saul in the foreword to 13 Group's 'Forget-Me-Nots for Fighters'

"They fly Hurricanes, isn't it?, them's shit planes for remtards on free dinners..."
Armstrong & Miller Show

Gosho
Flight Sergeant
Flight Sergeant

Post by Gosho »

That might be beside the question but if you wait a few more weeks prices might drop significantly. As unfortunate as that may be ...

Nummy
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer

Post by Nummy »

Hey Gosho, a few weeks I will wait . . . .

Currently, no VR Prang, but it is the desired goal.

My Thousand League Boots being put away in the closet for the CV duration,
seems time to amp up the flying.

I'll look again in April . . . hmmmm.

Thanks Chaps
"The flash of a Spitfire's wing, then, through the misty glare of the summer sky, the first flash of a sharpened sword."

Vincent "Jimmy" Sheean, American journalist, watching a dogfight over Dover, August 1940.

Sparky
Flying Officer
Flying Officer

Post by Sparky »

I'd buy now before supply lines disrupt even more and cabin fever causes even more folks to buy new computers. I'd buy a VR optimized rig and a VR headset from the get-go.
Pilot Officer, Press Officer

"No smoking within twelve hours of mission brief. No drinking within fifty feet of the aircraft."

"The mission...is...to fly and to fight, and don't you forget it."

"You have to go out. You don't have to come back."

Nummy
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer

Post by Nummy »

Sparky, I agree on VR and optimized rig.

Sparky
Flying Officer
Flying Officer

Post by Sparky »

Don't be surprised if your first VR flight makes you queasy. Limit it to a few minutes. Each day it will be less problematic but don't push beyond early queasiness. Within a few flights you should have no more problem and the increase in immersion and realism will bar a return to a flat screen.
Pilot Officer, Press Officer

"No smoking within twelve hours of mission brief. No drinking within fifty feet of the aircraft."

"The mission...is...to fly and to fight, and don't you forget it."

"You have to go out. You don't have to come back."