The Tangmere Pilots extend a warm welcome to visitors in the Guest Room. Please feel free to register, drop by the Guest Room to say hello. If you are looking to join a squadron, we are currently recruiting. You can browse the rest of our site to see if The Tangmere Pilots fit what you are looking for.

Online lectures (author of the Black Cross Red Star series)

A place for all Tangmere guests to come along and say hello, have a pint and get to know who we are, and what we are up to.

Moderators: Reggie, Tom

Tom
Air Marshall
Air Marshall

Online lectures (author of the Black Cross Red Star series)

Post by Tom »

INTERACTIVE WEB LECTURES ON THE SECOND WORLD WAR!

Hi,

My lectures on the Second World War have been very popular and attracted many people. (See pictures below.)

I would like to invite you to my one-hour live English-spoken web lectures on the Second World War. These web lecture will be illustrated with images and film clips from the Second World War. The sound will be of the highest quality in the broadcast. The content of the lecture will of course also be of the highest quality.

The first interactive web lecture will be:
MYTHS ABOUT OPERATION MARKET GARDEN.

Next, I plan to hold interactive web lectures about subjects such as:
* The Ardennes Offensive in 1944-1945.
* Operation Barbarossa.
* The Air War on the Eastern Front.
* The Battle of Britain.
* The Truth About “Dunkirk”.
* Luftwaffe Veterans that I have met.

You will be able to easily see and hear it on your computer, smart TV, mobile, or iPad. You don't need a specific program. Just log in as on any Internet site.

The exact time for this is not determined, but it will be as soon as possible. I will book a time that suits most who are interested. In addition, there will be opportunities to see the replay of that lecture.

If you are interested in my English-spoken interactive web lectures on the Second World War – please email me:

Email address redacted but you can see his contact details via the page link below.

Put the header "Interested in web lectures" and just write your name in the email.

It happens that I get a code that I mail out to everyone who will participate. Then it is just for you to click on the link you receive by email and you will enter.

The computer program I have to send costs 85 EUR / month, but I was going to take 10 EUR/11 USD at the entrance of the participants. (After all, it's part of my livelihood, too.)

For those who cannot watch it at the exact time when it will be broadcast, you can see the replay. Although then, of course, you cannot participate in the question time.

I will soon be running a first test broadcast so everyone will feel assured that it is working. It will, of course, be free of charge. Everyone who has emailed me about their interest in this will be informed in good time when it will take place.

Feel free to forward this to others who might be interested.

If there is a great interest, then I will run a whole lecture series. I could also invite foreign experts who lecture in English, possibly also Second World War veterans. Then, of course, I will also offer everyone the opportunity to come up with suggestions on the topics of the lecture.

Email me as soon as possible so I can start preparing.

You can see some of my English books here:

https://vaktelforlag.se/produkt-kategori/english/

All the best,
Christer Bergström

Bank etc details redacted. Best to get them direct.
In selecting the motto... 'all for one and one for all'... I have done so because it expresses what should be the creed to every Fighter Pilot. Never forget that you are an essential cog in the wheel, and if you break or fail it will let down your brother pilots, and the grimness of war allows for no such weakness.

Air Vice Marshal Saul in the foreword to 13 Group's 'Forget-Me-Nots for Fighters'

"They fly Hurricanes, isn't it?, them's shit planes for remtards on free dinners..."
Armstrong & Miller Show

Hatter
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer

Re: Online lectures (author of the Black Cross Red Star series)

Post by Hatter »

Should I start hawking my wares on the internet?
"Oh God!"

F/Sgt. Hatter V.D. & Bar
No1 (Fighter) Squadron

Tom
Air Marshall
Air Marshall

Re: Online lectures (author of the Black Cross Red Star series)

Post by Tom »

I reckon so - there are sites for that sort of thing.
In selecting the motto... 'all for one and one for all'... I have done so because it expresses what should be the creed to every Fighter Pilot. Never forget that you are an essential cog in the wheel, and if you break or fail it will let down your brother pilots, and the grimness of war allows for no such weakness.

Air Vice Marshal Saul in the foreword to 13 Group's 'Forget-Me-Nots for Fighters'

"They fly Hurricanes, isn't it?, them's shit planes for remtards on free dinners..."
Armstrong & Miller Show